cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava iOS app not recording HR correctly with Wahoo HR strap

peterpen9000
Mt. Kenya

Subject pretty much says it all: Strava not recording HR correctly with Wahoo HR strap: when I go for a run using Strava iOS app and Wahoo Tickr HR strap connected via BT, the data recorded is ridiculously inaccurate. It will basically pick a HR and stick there for 10-15min, regardless of how hard I'm going (same HR for 15% uphill climbs and 6% downhill descents.) It is not the strap: I use the same strap for cycling and my Wahoo ELMNT Roam records accurate/ ie highly variable data.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @peterpen9000 

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear about the difficulties recording your heart rate during runs using the Strava App.  A couple things to try:

• Go to the sensors screen in the Strava App and look for your HR sensor.  It should show as connected.  Try toggling it off, then on again.
  • If that doesn't help, try an uninstall / reinstall of the Strava App.

You mention the HR strap records well when cycling with your Wahoo device.  One thing to consider is that cycling is generally a much smoother activity than running.  The HR strap may stay in position better.  When you run, your arms swing and there is generally more bounce than in cycling,  This can cause a HR strap to move around which will make it harder for to detect an accurate heart rate.  If possible, I would try tightening the strap a bit more for runs to see if that helps it stay in place, and record better data.

Good luck - let us know if that helps.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @peterpen9000 

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear about the difficulties recording your heart rate during runs using the Strava App.  A couple things to try:

• Go to the sensors screen in the Strava App and look for your HR sensor.  It should show as connected.  Try toggling it off, then on again.
  • If that doesn't help, try an uninstall / reinstall of the Strava App.

You mention the HR strap records well when cycling with your Wahoo device.  One thing to consider is that cycling is generally a much smoother activity than running.  The HR strap may stay in position better.  When you run, your arms swing and there is generally more bounce than in cycling,  This can cause a HR strap to move around which will make it harder for to detect an accurate heart rate.  If possible, I would try tightening the strap a bit more for runs to see if that helps it stay in place, and record better data.

Good luck - let us know if that helps.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team