cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava not showing power from powermeter

geladep
Mt. Kenya

Hi there

I have a powermeter on my bike and register my ride with a Garmin 1040. My activities are synced to Strava via Garmin Connect.

In my Stava activities and segment, I am not seeing a 'lightning' symbol next to the Power/Watts of the segment, which I understand means that this is estimated power calculated by Strava.

How do I get Strava to show real and accurate power data from my powermeter that is registered via Garmin Connect.

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @geladep 

Thanks for posting about this.  To determine if your ride contains data from a power meter versus estimated power, take a look at your Strava activity page.  

If it looks like this:

powermeterdata.png

That means we received data from a power meter.  If it looks like this:

estimatedpower.png

you'll know that we don't have power meter data and we are estimating your power.

Can you double check your ride(s) and confirm that you are seeing the estimated power versus actual power based on those diagrams?  If you are recording with a power meter on your bike and your Garmin device is collecting that data, you should be seeing power meter data on your Strava rides.

We no longer show a lightening bolt next to a segment if power meter data is present.  However, you may or may not see an intensity meter on each segment effort.  Those look like this:

segmentintensity.png

That intensity meter will only be present if you have an FTP entered in your Strava account.  Also please keep in mind that power analysis features are only available to Subscribers.

I hope that's helpful.  Please let us know and we would be happy to answer any further questions you have.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Sim
Mt. Kenya

Hi Jan, I get data from power meter, BUT:

FTP is not updated? (I have FTP on Garmin 1040), or Strava not updating FTP from Garmin?

geladep
Mt. Kenya

Thanks for your reply Jane.

Based on what you are saying in conclude that Strava is indeed taking the data from my power meter, good news!

I am a subscriber and I indeed also see intensity based on my FTP input.

Thank you very much for your clarification!

Pieter

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @geladep 

Thanks for posting about this.  To determine if your ride contains data from a power meter versus estimated power, take a look at your Strava activity page.  

If it looks like this:

powermeterdata.png

That means we received data from a power meter.  If it looks like this:

estimatedpower.png

you'll know that we don't have power meter data and we are estimating your power.

Can you double check your ride(s) and confirm that you are seeing the estimated power versus actual power based on those diagrams?  If you are recording with a power meter on your bike and your Garmin device is collecting that data, you should be seeing power meter data on your Strava rides.

We no longer show a lightening bolt next to a segment if power meter data is present.  However, you may or may not see an intensity meter on each segment effort.  Those look like this:

segmentintensity.png

That intensity meter will only be present if you have an FTP entered in your Strava account.  Also please keep in mind that power analysis features are only available to Subscribers.

I hope that's helpful.  Please let us know and we would be happy to answer any further questions you have.

Jane (she/her)

I have a SRAM dual power meter spider and a Garmin 840.  Strava is picking up some data from my power meter but my question why doesn't starve collect the average power computed by the power meter and uploaded to my Garmin.  It seems Strava is computed its own version of average power and not using what is uploaded from the power meter to my Garmin.  Calculations in Strava are always much lower.

Hi Jane. 

Related query.

Can strava Android app pick up power data directly from my stages power meter (if I don't use any Garmin or other device)? 

Hi @AG 

Thanks for the question.  The Strava App for Android (and IOS) doesn't currently support connecting power meters.  You can connect a heart rate sensor.  

Jane (she/her)

Thanks Jane. 

Though this doesn't solve the problem, but I'd does answer the question!!!

I'm recently having a similar issue, but only for the Strava iOS app: my power meter data shows correctly on the website, and on the app it shows my average power. But under 'view analysis' on the app, no power data are shown. Is this a known issue? Is there some sort of setting I need to adjust? 

haha, sorry just realised the power data is now on the main ride page. Clearly I pushed myself too hard this morning... 😊