cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Yoga on Samsung watch 4 app

skb
Shkhara

I created a post here a week ago about not being able to record an activity on my watch.  Jane helpfully transferred the question to a support ticket, but then marked the question as "solved".  Transferring it to support is not "solved".  In particular, support have got back to me and explained (I haven't tested yet), that the problem occurs if you have never recorded an activity that included GPS data.  Once you have recorded at least one activity with GPS on the watch then all will be well.

So I thought I'd put this in a new post, so that others searching for that problem will be able to find THIS solution, rather than the "transferred to support" solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adding solution here: support have got back to me and explained that the problem occurs if you have never recorded an activity that included GPS data.  Once you have recorded at least one activity with GPS on the watch then all will be well.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

skb
Shkhara

I tried recording a yoga session using Strava on my Samsung watch 4.  I pressed start, and whenever I looked, the timer was at 0 or close to 0.  If it showed non-zero time elapsed it would then quickly change back to 0.  It just doesn't seem to want to record at all.  Auto-pause is not set, background activity is allowed, but always the same.

adding solution here: support have got back to me and explained that the problem occurs if you have never recorded an activity that included GPS data.  Once you have recorded at least one activity with GPS on the watch then all will be well.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Hey, I have the same issue regarding yoga activity not syncing to Strava. 

I have a Galaxy Watch. Running, walking, biking etc. all works fine and are synchronized to Strava. Yoga, however, is never synchronized to Strava. Reading this post here it seems to be something about no GPS being recorded? On my watch it seems that GPS is not recorded at all when recording yoga activities, and there is no way to change this. Does this mean there is no way for me to sync yoga activities (or other activities without GPS readings) to Strava?

I haven't got yoga on my samsung watch, so was trying to use strava to record it.  For that to work, it has to have recorded one activity with GPS first, eg walking to the car would do. After that it's fine recording yoga. But in the strava app on the watch, not the Samsung health app.

Ahaa, thanks for the clarification. Yeah, I am using the Samsung Health app on the watch and then synchronize the recordings from Samsung Health to Strava through the "connected apps and services" option. 

I have finally got around to testing this, and it works.  Thank you so much for all your help.

This post has been escalated to our Support team. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @skb 

Thanks for posting and I'm really happy to hear Strava Support was able to quickly provide you with a solution.  Thanks also for sharing it here.

Apologies for any confusion over your initial post and thank you again.

Jane (she/her)

Thanks for merging them - I didn't seem able to reply to the original post, which is why I recreated it, with the solution attached.  I haven't tried it yet, but was very pleased how quickly they got back to me.