cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Zepp to Strava Open Water Swim

Cman
Mt. Kenya

Strava is interpreting the open water swimming data from the Zepp app differently from what it should do. Can it not translate the data correctly?Zepp shows it correctly but Strava shows it incorrectly. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

This post has been escalated to our Support team. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

arianeL
Mt. Kenya

I have the same problem. I spend 1 hour swimming, zepp keeps the data correctly (GPS included) but strava only marks 28min or similar. why this happens? What can I do to change it?

Jane
Moderator Moderator

This post has been escalated to our Support team. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Jane (she/her)

I have the same problem. I spend 1 hour swimming, zepp keeps the data correctly (GPS included) but strava only marks 28min or similar. why this happens? What can I do to change it?

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Cman 

Thanks for posting about this.  Does the Zepp recording contain GPS data?  That is required in the file in order for us to correctly show the swim on your Strava account.

Jane (she/her)

Hi Jane

It does indeed. If there was an option to change from moving time to elapsed time for swimming it would more accurately reflect the event. Even at that, the distance in the Zepp app is different to the Strava app for some reason. Thanks