cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cuipougy
Shkhara

CROP TOOL

Issue - The current crop function - on mobile app - is not user friendly. I find myself having to go back and forth with my finger to reach the exact point at which I want to crop a bike ride. The increments are too big and I often overshoot the spot.

Suggestion - is for the user to be able to use not only the slide bar at the bottom of the screen, but also to have the option to slide the start (green)/end (checkered) dots on the actual map. I believe this would make it far easier to quickly place the dots on the exact spot on the map when cropping a ride. 

See pic below :

strava crop.png

4 Comments
cyresh
Pico de Orizaba

We can crop only at start and end, so divide the crop screen as two parts, crop at start and crop at end,

When you click at 'start' map shall automatically focus on starting point to visualise, then we can slide to crop.

Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Soren
Denali

Thanks for submitting your idea to improve cropping on the mobile app. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

Out of curiosity, have you tried cropping an activity from the website? I've found it easier to achieve precision because you can adjust the distance one click at a time.

-Charles-
Strava
Strava

@cuipougy After reading the description of your idea, I found myself wondering if you are aware of the arrow buttons near the start/end sliders:

Xnip2023-10-11_15-13-06.png

Tapping on these arrows allows you to change the amount of the activity which is hidden point by point, giving you a finer level of control than you might achieve by using the sliders. This same feature exists on the Strava website too!

---
Charles | Support Coordinator
cuipougy
Shkhara

I was not aware of that! It was staring me in the face all this time. Thanks for the suggestion it has pretty much solved my issue!