cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-Pause not working for walks?

Mash15
Mt. Kenya

I use Strava to record my walks, using my phone.
Ride Auto-Pause is enabled
Run Auto-Pause is disabled (as it suggests to enable this only if one runs).
When my walk pauses, Strava does not pause recording.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is there a way around this?

I might try enabling the "Run Auto-Pause" feature despite the suggestion.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Mash15 

Sorry for any confusion over this.  For activities like walks and hikes, Strava will use your recorded GPS data to determine if you're moving or not.  On your walk activity page we'll show both the total elapsed time and the moving time.  The difference between these two is the time that you were stopped.

I hope that's helpful.  We have information on how we calculate moving time here.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Mash15 

Sorry for any confusion over this.  For activities like walks and hikes, Strava will use your recorded GPS data to determine if you're moving or not.  On your walk activity page we'll show both the total elapsed time and the moving time.  The difference between these two is the time that you were stopped.

I hope that's helpful.  We have information on how we calculate moving time here.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Thank you, Jane.  Does the app actually use that resting time (which I calculate manually) in calculating my speed?

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings