cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Bug: Comments on Others’ Activities - disabling push notifications doesn’t work

Jana_S
Elbrus

There’s a bug in the iOS app:

Settings > Push Notifications > option Comments on Others’ Activities > disable

This doesn’t turn off notifications for comments on other people’s activities - I keep this disabled but once I comment on someone else’s activity, I am still being notified about new comments.

This makes me think twice before e.g. congratulating someone on a great achievement as I don’t want to be hit by a surge of notifications that I’m not interested in. I’d be happy to comment more and encourage fellow athletes, but this bug is stopping me. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Jana_S,
Thanks for your post. We're going to send this over to our support team so they can look into this.  If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Following up on what our Support team found regarding this...
Push notifications are notifications that will be "pushed" to your mobile device when the Strava app is either closed or running in the background. Push notification settings do not affect the in-app notifications you receive in the mobile app or on the Strava website. There currently is no way to disable certain types of notifications you receive within the app or on the Strava website.

You can find more information on Strava notifications here: Strava Notifications

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Greyfox47
Shkhara

Why is this considered a solution? To my thinking it’s simply an acknowledgement that a bug exists with no solution?

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Following up on what our Support team found regarding this...
Push notifications are notifications that will be "pushed" to your mobile device when the Strava app is either closed or running in the background. Push notification settings do not affect the in-app notifications you receive in the mobile app or on the Strava website. There currently is no way to disable certain types of notifications you receive within the app or on the Strava website.

You can find more information on Strava notifications here: Strava Notifications

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Jana_S,
Thanks for your post. We're going to send this over to our support team so they can look into this.  If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

has it been fixed or what?