cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories missing and replaced with avg power

Hannah-b-fay
Mt. Kenya

2 weeks ago with no warning or way of changing it my runs on Strava stopped showing calories and started showing average power ( which I don’t understand what that means or what relevance it has to my run ). 
I appreciate the calories on Strava are an estimate. 
Does anyone know how to configure what is visible ? Even when I click on the activity, calories are still missing. 
I haven’t changed anything on my Strava, I pay a subscription. 
Any advice appreciated. Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Marya
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hannah-b-fay,

Thanks for writing in! If the device writes the calorie value into the file, you’ll always be able to see them by clicking into the activity and viewing the full activity details page. However, if you’re asking about the stats shown on the activity feed entries, those are subject to change from activity to activity and are dependent on the data available/available space.

User CM-Adelaide wrote a similar question (for the second case) that I’ve responded to here, which may be helpful!

Let me know if this helps.

Best,

Marya (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marya
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hannah-b-fay,

Thanks for writing in! If the device writes the calorie value into the file, you’ll always be able to see them by clicking into the activity and viewing the full activity details page. However, if you’re asking about the stats shown on the activity feed entries, those are subject to change from activity to activity and are dependent on the data available/available space.

User CM-Adelaide wrote a similar question (for the second case) that I’ve responded to here, which may be helpful!

Let me know if this helps.

Best,

Marya (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Hi Marya - this started happening to me on standard run, ride, swim, etc. activities imported from my garmin instinct 2. I used to see calories, and calories are still presented in my Garmin app, but the Strava activity is now showing average power instead of calories. Can you help me fix that? 

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings