cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I extend a challenge?

Beckyj115
Mt. Kenya

I created a group challenge to raise money for charity with my colleagues. The challenge has ended and I need to extend it because we haven’t quite hit the distance target. How do I do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Soren
Denali

Hello, you can edit the Goal, qualifying Sport Types, Start/End Dates, Name, and Description of the Challenge as long as the Group Challenge has not ended. You can create a new one if you like, since the distance target wasn't reached. Check out our support article on Group Challenges for more info.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Scout
Moderator Moderator

UPDATE ON GROUP CHALLENGES: We are pleased to announce that creators of Group Challenges can now invite up to 199 athletes that follow them on Strava. In order for an athlete to join the challenge, they must be a subscriber, have a free subscription trial, or have free challenges left. Creators can also allow other athletes in the challenge to invite athletes who follow them. From the challenge details screen, tap the three ellipses [...] in the top right to open the challenge settings, and then enable the toggle that reads “Allow Participants to Invite Others”. For more info on Group Challenges, check out this page

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Goodlife
Mt. Kenya

Hi Becky, I'm looking at doing a charity even with my community. Its a movement challenge charity event to run, ride, row, swim around australia. Is it possible to set up a challenge to facilitate this with a big group to collectively map/track our distance? I'm trying to work it so would love to know how you did it?

Hi there, that sounds like a really cool challenge! Currently, this is possible for groups of 25 participants, I don't know if this suits your needs. You can create a "Group Goal" Group Challenge type and set the distance to be the circumference of Australia and then select the qualifying Sport Types that will count towards it. 

For the Group Goal you can choose between a time, distance, elevation gain, or elevation loss goal, and all qualifying activities will count towards the single goal. There is no leaderboard, but you can see how you and all participants are contributing to the group effort.

Some ways you can engage with your community right now are: 

• Clubs - create a club for your group, view leaderboards, and create events. 
  • Group Challenges - get creative and motivate your friends, limited to 25 participants. 
  • Sponsored Challenges - customized challenges created by brands that are featured in the challenge gallery and home feed. 

I hope this helps!

Soren
Denali

Hello, you can edit the Goal, qualifying Sport Types, Start/End Dates, Name, and Description of the Challenge as long as the Group Challenge has not ended. You can create a new one if you like, since the distance target wasn't reached. Check out our support article on Group Challenges for more info.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings