cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't select hike for default sport

eli-ott
Mt. Kenya

So I created my account and I selected some sport including bicycle, hike and running.

But when I try to change my default sport for hiking, it isn't visible in the dropdown, there is only cycling and running visible.

Any help will be appreciated 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @eli-ott 

Thanks for posting. 

Cycling and running are the only 2 sports available to set as default in your Strava profile.  However, this doesn't impact how hiking activities will be displayed in your account and profile page.  On the lower right of your own profile page, you can see your personal stats for the sport types you uploaded most frequently within the past 90 days, including averages for the last four weeks, totals for the year, and all-time totals.  If you frequently upload hike activities, you will see your hiking stats appear there.

Additionally you can set a goal for any sport type.  Strava Subscribers can access the Training Log, another way to view activities and progress.  

I hope that information is helpful, and Happy Hiking!

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @eli-ott 

Thanks for posting. 

Cycling and running are the only 2 sports available to set as default in your Strava profile.  However, this doesn't impact how hiking activities will be displayed in your account and profile page.  On the lower right of your own profile page, you can see your personal stats for the sport types you uploaded most frequently within the past 90 days, including averages for the last four weeks, totals for the year, and all-time totals.  If you frequently upload hike activities, you will see your hiking stats appear there.

Additionally you can set a goal for any sport type.  Strava Subscribers can access the Training Log, another way to view activities and progress.  

I hope that information is helpful, and Happy Hiking!

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team