cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Club Event duration for a virutal 100 spanning 1 month??

TripleE
Mt. Kenya

Hafa Adai from Guam!  Looking for some help.  We have a goal of hosting a virtual 100 mi run spanning 1 month.  The virtual 100 is the sum total of all miles/segments completed during the month. 

What is the best way to track this for all members with Strava?  Simply using the Clubs leaderboard?  Or, can an event be configured to span 30 days?  I only see that events are for a single day...   Appreciate your help in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sunny415
Strava
Strava

Same to you, @TripleE, thanks for posting. Club leaderboards are designed to track members on a weekly basis, with a leaderboard for 'This Week' and 'Last Week,' resetting weekly on Sunday at 12 am. Outside of that, clubs do not store historical data. 

Club events can only be set up for one day, and although you could create multiple events to cover the 30-day period, they also do not include their own leaderboards. Activities from club events would be reported through the club leaderboard. 

In the mobile app, clubs do report aggregate totals from all members per week. You could set your club's sport type to running and track the total distance covered by your club through the mobile app week over week to see if your members complete the goal after a month. Alternatively, you could create a post in your club so that everyone comments to add their running totals after a given period (up to you if you want to track that weekly or just at the end of the month). Reviewing individual profiles could be another way to review this data after a month.

Lastly, have you considered using Group Challenges? With a subscription, you can create unlimited challenges (non-subscribers can join or create up to three group challenges), and each hosts up to 25 athletes, including yourself as the creator. You could set up month-long group challenges so that everyone in your club is one, and then you can add those totals together to see if the club completed the challenge goal. 

I know that our team is looking into improving Clubs on Strava again, and we'd love more feedback. During your challenge, if you come across any new suggestions, please create new posts here to share your ideas with the community! 

Sunny
STRAVA | Support Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Sunny415
Strava
Strava

Same to you, @TripleE, thanks for posting. Club leaderboards are designed to track members on a weekly basis, with a leaderboard for 'This Week' and 'Last Week,' resetting weekly on Sunday at 12 am. Outside of that, clubs do not store historical data. 

Club events can only be set up for one day, and although you could create multiple events to cover the 30-day period, they also do not include their own leaderboards. Activities from club events would be reported through the club leaderboard. 

In the mobile app, clubs do report aggregate totals from all members per week. You could set your club's sport type to running and track the total distance covered by your club through the mobile app week over week to see if your members complete the goal after a month. Alternatively, you could create a post in your club so that everyone comments to add their running totals after a given period (up to you if you want to track that weekly or just at the end of the month). Reviewing individual profiles could be another way to review this data after a month.

Lastly, have you considered using Group Challenges? With a subscription, you can create unlimited challenges (non-subscribers can join or create up to three group challenges), and each hosts up to 25 athletes, including yourself as the creator. You could set up month-long group challenges so that everyone in your club is one, and then you can add those totals together to see if the club completed the challenge goal. 

I know that our team is looking into improving Clubs on Strava again, and we'd love more feedback. During your challenge, if you come across any new suggestions, please create new posts here to share your ideas with the community! 

Sunny
STRAVA | Support Team

So  I was excited to make a group challenge for a group of people (150+) not knowing that only 25 athletes could join the challenge. Now my challenge doesn't make sense and I look like an idiot. The athletes per challenge should be unlimited. The creator should have control of the participant limit. Now I have to create an excel sheet and track weekly club miles over a 4 month period to see if we reach a goal by a specific date. I know you can do it Strava. New app updates are always appreciated!

@sideproject11 If you have a subscription you can create unlimited group challenges and invite all the members that you intended. It does take extra effort currently, though, that does allow for you to develop a bracketing system should a tournament-style challenge meet your needs. 

With that said (and without having too many details), I can say that our team is earnestly looking into challenge options for clubs! Keep on the lookout for more information about this in the future. 

Sunny
STRAVA | Support Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings