cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating new route on mobile app

Pierre73
Mt. Kenya

Hi

I used to create new route on Strava mobile app. But it seems it’s no longer possible.

When I go to my profiles / routes, existing routes are displayed, but I can’t find how to create a new one. 

I’m using the last app version 309.0.0, and my subscription is active.

Any idea on what’s happening? Has the creating route function been removed from the iOS mobile app ?

Thanks anybody for helping.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello again,

We've done some testing on both Android and iPhone, and we're not able to reproduce this issue.  I've attached a screenshot that shows the "draw your own route" option on the Mobile App.  When you go to the "Routes" tab and bring up the "Suggested Routes", you should see if under the "Load More" button.  Please note you may need to swipe up on the page to see this.  

drawyourown.png

First, please make sure your App is updated to the latest version, then try swiping up on the Routes page and let me know if you're now seeing that option.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello again,

We've done some testing on both Android and iPhone, and we're not able to reproduce this issue.  I've attached a screenshot that shows the "draw your own route" option on the Mobile App.  When you go to the "Routes" tab and bring up the "Suggested Routes", you should see if under the "Load More" button.  Please note you may need to swipe up on the page to see this.  

drawyourown.png

First, please make sure your App is updated to the latest version, then try swiping up on the Routes page and let me know if you're now seeing that option.

Jane (she/her)

I have a similar issue. Using an iPhone. No matter what I do I cannot get past “Something went wrong” and scroll to where “Draw your own route” should be.

IMG_3547.jpeg

Hi Jane

Thanks a lot for your answer. The new way to access the function is not very intuitive, from my point of view.

I suggest to move up the option, before the suggested routes.

IMG_7782.jpeg

Anyway thanks again for your answer.

Thank you! I can now find it but believe that is a change in location in the app?  The pencil icon use to be more obvious on the map and I didn’t have to swipe up. I’m TOTALLY ok with swiping up but didn’t know it was there. I’d suggest making this feature “Draw your own route” a little more obvious. Super-duper happy though that I now know where it is now. I have 70+ personal routes so consider myself a heavy user!  Thank you for the quick response!

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi everyone.

Thanks for posting about this.  I'm looking into it and will update this thread when I know more.  @Pierre73 and @rmillerinc thanks for mentioning you are using iPhone.  @RG2017 can you please let us know if you're using iPhone or Android?  Thanks very much.

Jane (she/her)

I am also a paid subscriber and I'm facing the same problem. I cannot see anymore the Create Route function. I am an Android user.

rmillerinc
Mt. Kenya

I’ve got the same problem. I use to be able to do all my route creation in the mobile app (iPhone) and the feature isn’t there anymore. I am also a paid subscriber. I can still create routes on a standard PC/laptop but that is not my preference.

RG2017
Mt. Kenya

Having the same problem here.  It’s almost like the app doesn’t recognize I’m a paid subscriber