cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Custom Heart Rate Zones. I have them set up, Strava ignores them.

DrBretto
Mt. Kenya

Hi.  Another ride today with my custom HR zones.

I use more physiologically relevant zones, with particular attention to the "orange" zone (from memory about 75% to 85% of max).  In any case, I have custom zones that focus on the 65 to 100% region.

However, my HR histogram uses the default HR zones.  Why?  The only thing I can think of is that I upload it from my Garmin 810.  But those aren't my Garmin HR zones.  Why would Strava apply the default zones when I have entered and selected custom zones?

Am I making a rookie mistake?  Are the programmers making rookie mistakes.

Yes, I'm a long-time subscriber.  This feature is the main reason.  To be more accurate, I subscribe in the hope that one day this will work.  Is it hoping for too much?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

This post has been escalated to our Support team. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jeffb
Mt. Kenya

Add me to the list of users wondering about this.  My updated zones are not reflected in past workouts.  I just made the adjustments so I haven't done a workout yet.  But based on the above posts, I suspect even new workouts won't be grouped into my adjusted zones.  ;-(  

Hey @jeffb
Thanks for your post. The updated zones only appear on activities that are loaded after the heart rate zones are updated. I hope that helps!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

robhanco
Mt. Kenya

Can you tell me the solution to this? I'm having the same issue and if it continues I won't extend my subscription past the trial period. I have a Polar strap, I export my workout into Strava, upload it, heart rate zones are not matching what I have customised in my settings, they don't match what I have in Polar either.

Also, why have a support hub and not post what the reolution was? Makes it useless.

Hey @robhanco
Thanks for your post. The Community Hub & Strava Support are two different platforms. The Hub is great for general questions and information while our Support team will handle questions that require the member to share personal account information, account settings or if we need to gather additional info (as in this case). We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical. 

If you have further questions about this, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

This post has been escalated to our Support team. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Jane (she/her)