cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback: Add ability to hide routes/segments in new map view

levigavette
Mt. Kenya

Hello, I would like to suggest adding the ability to turn on/off the suggested maps/segments in the new map view on iOS. While they can be helpful, sometimes I want to simply look around the map without suggestions. The suggestions really clutter the interface (Google Maps does something similar, and it drives me crazy). Simpler is better, and then allow users to turn on suggestions as they need. Thanks for your work on the app!

1 REPLY 1

Brad7280
Shkhara

The new iteration of heatmap (at least for me on iOS) has no way to disable displaying routes or segments. I never use either of these but I use the heatmap frequently for checking where I have been in order to ideate on places to go that I have forgotten about, and to find places others have been (on global heatmap) that I haven't been to yet (plus, perhaps as important: to feel a sense of satisfaction at all the various places I've run/biked when you zoom out).

The current interface has an option to switch between segments and routes, but not way to just turn both of these off. I don't want my heatmap overlaid with these lines, as it makes it harder to see my personal heatmap line/colors. The only way I've been able to achieve this is while looking at the map while doing an activity, which is obviously an annoying workaround (I don't want to have to start fake activities just to look at a clean heatmap). 

Bring back a clean heatmap!