cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on “Your Weekly Snapshot” feature

_windrunner
Shkhara

I’m now seeing the “Your Weekly Snapshot” at the top of my feed when using the app. I do not enjoy how this serves almost entirely to make me feel bad about my effort so far in the current week. This is detrimental to my experience on Strava. 

My training schedule each week is highly variable due to plenty of factors such as work, personal commitments, weather, etc. I should not have to see a feature telling me I haven’t been working as hard when I have been putting in more or the same amount of effort as my schedule allows. 

Please enable a toggle for this feature so we do not have to see it. 

98 REPLIES 98

NikoRay
Mt. Kenya

The obsession with adding “new” features and “improvements” to the pp creates clutter such as the snapshot feature. It’s annoying. I don’t want to see it. Pls allow us to toggle it off and take a day off. We don’t need you to keep adding crap to the app; it’s great already. 

Swisspolak
Mt. Kenya

This really should be an option, that needs to be toggled on if you want it and be disabled as default.

Dixondo
Mt. Kenya

Totally agree! There are at least two other places on the app where weekly efforts can be compared. We don’t need another.

All of the trolling, negative responses to this are obviously from bullet proof, hard as nails, go big or go home type guys, good on them, but this feature isn’t for everyone, simple as that.

Windravenrainbo
Shkhara

Strava. Please leave this feature in. As usual the silent majority who do not need a tissue passed to them every time something they perceive as "sad" happens to them can't be bothered to comment. But they exist; they're just actually out riding and running.

My apologies to the Strava employees that have to listen to the snowflakes that the weekly status makes them “feel “ bad, 😖.

keep the feature , enhance it, I luv it, add elavation. 

my weekly targets are 11 hrs rolling time, 11k elavation , track it daily , having it on the feed helps me!

btw, if I don’t hit my targets I go have a beer and if I hit my targets I go have a beer, ride on!

datasith
Shkhara

Alright. So they have looked at all of this feedback from their segment off users who have access to the "feature", huddled up together, and decided that the *best* course of action is to turn off the color red. Your product managers are a joke, Strava, and don't get me started on whichever exec is overseeing these decisions.

For crying out loud, just add a toggle feature to the settings. Too hard for your devs? Crowdsource/offer a bounty and a bunch of us code monkeys would be happy to get it done in a day...

Obviously joining others and won't renew my subscription until this is taken care of.

User1975
Mt. Kenya

I can see the feature would be helpful for some and neutral for others. I personally find it unhelpful and unhealthy, and therefore would appreciate the option to remove. 

Rdoner
Mt. Kenya

Agree, please allow us to make it optional! Does not promote good training and is demotivational! 

Ownyourwork
Shkhara

What a bunch of wimps, own your work!

If next week you don’t get it done, so be it,own it, don’t hide from it

What the weekly recap is the ability to modify the fields to what I use as a metric.

for me, rolling hours and total elevation.   

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings