cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding Routes

Newlands
Mt. Kenya

I may be confused, but I seem to be unable to find public routes on the Strava website and at the same time I cannot find my personal routes on the Strava (Android) app.   Is it just me?

On the website, I can find My Routes and a "Routes" item in the footer under "Explore" that leads to a list of hiking routes (but no biking routes!?)

On the app, under "Map", there is a "Saved" tab, but for the past two days, clicking "Saved Routes" returns "Server is not responding, please try again later".

I ran into all this because I went for a long gravel ride yesterday and wanted to have the route on my phone, but I could not find it.   I did find out that the most popular saved route in my area is terrible -- I'm not sure why anyone would recommend it.  The recommended route puts people on a busy and dangerous major highway when there are lovely and quiet alternatives on the same loop.  I had hoped to find the recommended ride on the website and comment on how bad it is when I realized that I can't find any public rides on the website!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Newlands
Thanks for your post. At this time, searching for public routes is not available on the Strava website. We do have some ideas posted to our ideas board that request this. Click the links below to take a look at the existing ideas (don't forget to add your feedback and kudos to show your support for these ideas):

See other people's routes on desktop
Automatically Create Suggested Routes on Desktop Webpage

As for finding personal routes on the Strava (Android) app, we are looking into this. You can follow the discussion about this on this post

Some users have stated that they were able to access their saved routes again after deleting and reinstalling the app. Please give the steps below a try and see if this works for you.... 

1. Delete the Strava application from your phone
2. Power your device off for 10 seconds
3. Turn your phone back on
4. Reinstall the Strava application 

Google Play Store:
Strava: Track Running, Cycling & Swimming
How to update your apps on Android: Support - Google

If this does not resolve your issue, please submit a support ticket and we will route your ticket to the team investigating this.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

torontodude
Mt. Kenya

definitely weird. I wan to plan routes from my PC, not on my phone.

Jan_Mantau
Denali

You can see all of this, but not with a "search" function. If you enter a club, follow others or look at segment leaderboards you can see the activities of others and you can save these as routes for yourself. The same goes for public routes others have created.

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Newlands
Thanks for your post. At this time, searching for public routes is not available on the Strava website. We do have some ideas posted to our ideas board that request this. Click the links below to take a look at the existing ideas (don't forget to add your feedback and kudos to show your support for these ideas):

See other people's routes on desktop
Automatically Create Suggested Routes on Desktop Webpage

As for finding personal routes on the Strava (Android) app, we are looking into this. You can follow the discussion about this on this post

Some users have stated that they were able to access their saved routes again after deleting and reinstalling the app. Please give the steps below a try and see if this works for you.... 

1. Delete the Strava application from your phone
2. Power your device off for 10 seconds
3. Turn your phone back on
4. Reinstall the Strava application 

Google Play Store:
Strava: Track Running, Cycling & Swimming
How to update your apps on Android: Support - Google

If this does not resolve your issue, please submit a support ticket and we will route your ticket to the team investigating this.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

This is so dissapointing. I got the premium subscription to be able to see tracks in my area people are logging. And it was sold that way. Now youare saying I cannot see and discover routes people cycled? I cannot even get data on one of my favourite tracks. I cannot even find it if I click on it. I cannot see track recorss etc. This is so useless