cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding a Club from location based searching

Frogcostume
Mt. Kenya

I run a weekly cycling club that currently gets somewhere in the ballpark of 30-60 attendees during the summer. We are at the point where word of mouth is more than enough to get folks in for the rides, and now we just want to be sure that people know our ride expectations before showing up. 

Right now, I have our Club on Strava set to private and mention that folks will be added after their first ride and redirect them to our IG or email if they would like to join us. With that, I'm able to ensure that people know safety information, etiquette and our average speed before they just show up to our meeting spot. 

With that said, people don't seem to read the description and I'm getting a *lot* of join requests from randoms throughout the week. It makes it hard to distinguish from the real people we've vetted. 

Is there anything in addition to keeping the group set to private that I can do to ensure we're hidden from global search? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Frogcostume,

Thank you for writing in and explaining your club situation.
As of now, there isn't much that can be done besides letting your current members know to inform potential/new members of the club expectations. However, I can confirm that new club privacy features are currently being considered by our team. 

While not guarenting a change will come, I'll be sure to pass this along to reinforce the case of a club privacy update be made.

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Frogcostume,

Thank you for writing in and explaining your club situation.
As of now, there isn't much that can be done besides letting your current members know to inform potential/new members of the club expectations. However, I can confirm that new club privacy features are currently being considered by our team. 

While not guarenting a change will come, I'll be sure to pass this along to reinforce the case of a club privacy update be made.

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team