cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a group challenge

harishchouhan
Mt. Kenya

Hello,

I managed to finally create a group challenge but I can't find a way to share the link with others. There us also no way to set some custom thumbnail for this. Is there a way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

@harishchouhan
Thanks for your post. Unfortunately, it is not possible to obtain a URL to send to friends to allow them to join a group challenge without being invited directly. Additionally, it is not currently possible to send invites to athletes who do not follow you on Strava.Instead, it is necessary to send an invite to the athletes you wish to join the challenge.

To invite athletes to a group challenge, open the Strava mobile app and navigate to the Groups tab > the Active sub-tab > and then tap on the group challenge you created. From the group challenge's screen you will see an orange 'Invite Athletes' button displayed at the top.

I hope this information points you in the right direction. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

harishchouhan
Mt. Kenya

Thank you for your reply. This would make it difficult since I can't follow more than a thousand athletes. Is it possible for people who I invite, to invite their friends?

Also, will I be able to see everyone's ride in case I need to flag someone for cheating? 

Scout
Moderator Moderator

@harishchouhan
Thanks for your post. Unfortunately, it is not possible to obtain a URL to send to friends to allow them to join a group challenge without being invited directly. Additionally, it is not currently possible to send invites to athletes who do not follow you on Strava.Instead, it is necessary to send an invite to the athletes you wish to join the challenge.

To invite athletes to a group challenge, open the Strava mobile app and navigate to the Groups tab > the Active sub-tab > and then tap on the group challenge you created. From the group challenge's screen you will see an orange 'Invite Athletes' button displayed at the top.

I hope this information points you in the right direction. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team