cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't comment on activities

Herro2689
Mt. Kenya

Every time I try and comment on other peoples activities I get the message 'Strava has encountered an error. Please contact support' 

This started happening yesterday evening. I'm recieving comments so I know it isn't a Strava wide issue. Any help would be appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hello All,
Thank you for your posts and sorry for any trouble. It appears you may have hit our limit for the maximum number of comments you can add per day. Please wait 24 hours and try again.

We thank you for your patience while our team evaluates and make adjustments to our rate limits. Our product development team is reviewing all your posts and we thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37

happens on web and in APP, for many people .. u asking as if you dont know

Hi Jane this is not an isolated case, I and several people I know are experiencing the same thing, limited to around 20 comments per 24hrs!! Since Tuesday 27 Jan. No reply from customer service. 

Hello? is anyone there??

Says  rate limit exceeded 

IMG_1078.png

do you have a "Limiter" based on IP adress?

on the web... Im trying to comment on an ANY activity, yes, not working..

rakeshbhat
Pico de Orizaba

I do not get the reason behind the new limitations on daily comments. As a paid subscriber this is very painful and demotivating. This has to stop!

Request Strava to kindly reconsider this.

rakeshbhat
Pico de Orizaba

Hi Team,

I fail to understand why we are not able to post comments on our friend's activities all of a sudden. Why only limited comments?

Many users have large numbers of friends to congratulate on their activities, especially on a race day.  This is so annoying to the core & frustrating. 

Request you to kindly take back this decision as it is demotivating for people like me who like to motivate my fellow athletes by commenting on their activities. 

Thanks

Agreed, never used to have this issue. As a paid subscriber I wholly object to this!

miguelmelly16
Mt. Kenya

Llevo un día sin poder responder mensajes en las actividades. Como puedo solucionarlo? Gracias 

TRANSLATION: Ihaven't been able to respond to messages in activities for a day. How can I solve that? Thank you