cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing a FIT file from Suunto app

DusanPapan
Mt. Kenya

Hello folks, I recently had an activity, where, according to the timing, I scored a KOM on a hiking segment. When I uploaded the activity to Suunto, as always it got transferred automatically to Strava, but Strava showed all the segments completely wrong, so I deleted the activity from Strava not knowing that I can still re-load some features of the activity to have it fixed (I know, stupid me...).

I still have the activity in Suunto app though, having the .fit file available. My question is, when I import the .fit file with the activity to Strava, will it count achievements towards the overall leader board or manual loads will include only stats without any achievements?

I already tried to contact Strava support if they can recover my deleted activity (activity was deleted after it was saved to Strava, so should be possible...) but so far no response, so looking for alternatives.

Many thanks to all for any advise or comments. 

3 REPLIES 3

ActivityFix
Mount Logan

Manual upload of the FIT file will still count towards achievements. It will behave the same way as if the file was automatically uploaded.

@ActivityFix thank you very much, this worked!

Do you know if top 10 ranking achievements are shown also for free version of Strava or this is for subscribers only? The segments where I have top 10 or KOM are not shown at all and definitely I have top 10 achievements over there. Vice versa I have PR on a segment which is definitely not a PR, so something is wrong here I guess...

My understanding is that when you upload an activity you will see any top 10 achievements since Strava still shows the top 10 to non-subscribers. To see anything outside the top 10 or use any of the segment filters (e.g. gender, age, weight) you need to be a subscriber.

There is a "KOMs/CRs/Top 10s" tab on your profile page, I'm not sure if that shows any data for non-subscribers.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings