cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorect Total distance of my bike

Czachomaster
Mt. Kenya

I have a problem. The full distance of one of my bikes is incorrect. Strava shows that the bike has ridden 11,203 km, but it should be 4,683 km. I last verified the distance at 4,344 km. Since then, I have had 5 activities with this bike, with a total distance of 339 km. I tried to change the bike to another in these 5 activities and then return to the correct one, but it did not help. The distance is still incorrect and is 11,203 km. What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found the cause of the problem. I was updating my friend's Garmin Edge Touring computer. To do this, I had to connect it to the Garmin Connect application, which I have paired with Strava. And all of my friend's activities were downloaded to my Strava. And these were mainly activities from previous years. I have a question, is there any way to remove all the activities assigned to the Garmin Edge Touring computer? Is there a way to sort them?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Czachomaster 

Glad to hear you figured it out. You can't sort them by device but you can sort by date from that My Activities screen.  You mentioned the erroneous activities are from previous years, so if you sort with the oldest activities from the top that might help you locate them, and then you can delete them from that list view.

Alternatively, if you'd like to submit a support ticket, someone from Strava Support will be able to do a bulk delete of all activities that were uploaded from a particular device. If there's a lot of them, I would recommend doing this.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Czachomaster 

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear about the error. I'm wondering if you have a ride activity with erroneous distance data that is causing this discrepancy. Here's how to check for this:

• Sign into your account on a Web Browser at strava.com
  • Go to Training>My Activities Direct link is: strava.com/athlete/training
  • From the Sport option select "ride" and then select the bike from the drop down. Example:

bikelist.png

You will then see a list of all rides assigned to that bike, and you can use the distance filter to sort it with the longest rides showing at the top like this:

cervelorides.png

I recommend scanning through that list to see where that extra distance showing for the bike is coming from. 

Let us know if that helps resolve the issue.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

I found the cause of the problem. I was updating my friend's Garmin Edge Touring computer. To do this, I had to connect it to the Garmin Connect application, which I have paired with Strava. And all of my friend's activities were downloaded to my Strava. And these were mainly activities from previous years. I have a question, is there any way to remove all the activities assigned to the Garmin Edge Touring computer? Is there a way to sort them?