integration with garmin varia radar

delussu
Mt. Kenya

why not?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @delussu 

Thanks for posting about this!  Garmin Varia radar devices provide cyclists with visual and audio alerts for approaching vehicles.  Are you suggesting we implement something similar for the Strava App?  Be interested in your thoughts.  Thank you.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

nzbase
Mt. Kenya

I'd love to see this too .. been looking for it online.

Pgh-JP
Mt. Kenya

I’ll add to the feedback.  I was just about ready to sign up for Strava but the lack of varia integration is a deal killer.  I will switch to RidewithGPS.

marjoe110
Mt. Kenya

Yes please integrate this device; Ride GPS has it.. Lets ensure Strava strives for safety.. 

Rayc1044
Mt. Kenya

Please Strava love your app but love the Garmin. This would be a match made in heaven.

Soren
Denali

I just wanted to chime in here and share this idea that @kartoone shared in our ideas board: Integrate Garmin varia radar data. Feel free to vote on it by clicking on the kudos icon and add a comment to show your support.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @delussu 

Thanks for posting about this!  Garmin Varia radar devices provide cyclists with visual and audio alerts for approaching vehicles.  Are you suggesting we implement something similar for the Strava App?  Be interested in your thoughts.  Thank you.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

ASAP pls, TY

Strava doesn't need to recreate the Garmin Varia functionality, it just needs to support integration with Varia. As others have noted, Ride with GPS already pairs with Varia, making it a compelling alternative to Strava for the growing number of riders who swear by Varia. 

This was a deal breaker for me with Strava and why I didn't subscribe.  The inability to pair my Garmin varia with the app.  I use Ride with GPS instead until Strava integrates this.