cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Segments

Steve33
Mt. Kenya

Is there any way to limit the live segments notifications to just the starred segments and not the popular ones? 

As I ride it's just a constant stream of live segment notices that I don't have any interest in, yet to clear the screen means taking a hand off of the handlebars which isn't always practical.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi again @Steve33 

Sorry about that confusion.  The option to turn popular segments off is available if you're using live segments on a Garmin device.  If you're using them on the Strava Mobile App, you'll see both popular and starred segments and you can't customize that.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi again @Steve33 

Sorry about that confusion.  The option to turn popular segments off is available if you're using live segments on a Garmin device.  If you're using them on the Strava Mobile App, you'll see both popular and starred segments and you can't customize that.  

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Steve33 

Thanks for posting about live segments.  If you go to your starred segments page:   you will see a toggle on the top right for popular segments.  You can set that to "off"

We would love to hear more about how you like using the live segments feature!  Check out this blog post for more on live segments. 

Jane (she/her)

I don't have that toggle, neither on the app nor the web page.  Anything I'm missing here?

I have that in the web page in "my segments", but from the look of it, it seems to be for Garmin devices only, not for the Strava app:

Jan_Mantau_1-1693471869445.png

I don't even have that option option available.

Capture.PNG