cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Bikeride is not uploading to Strava

jannk96
Mt. Kenya

Hey community, 

I did a 350km bike ride on Sunday and tracked it with my Apple Watch. As always, I then upload the activities manually via the import function in the app. 

My Problem: The workout is not uploading. I‘ve waited for ours and the icon is moving and moving and moving .. but no result or error is being showed. 

I guess the file size could be the problem here, but I can’t find a solution on what to do. 

Also the „export all data“-function inside Apple Health is not doing anything, so I can’t get the file manually from Apple Health (I guess there are just too many workouts to export, I‘m doing multiple workouts per day for a few years now). 

Any Ideas? 

Best

Jan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @jannk96 

Thanks for posting about this and Congrats on completing what I'm sure was an epic ride.  Sorry to hear it didn't sync to Strava.  Have you been able to export the file from Apple Health?  

Generally, files need to be 25MB or smaller to upload to Strava.  One workaround, if you have the file, is to use a third party tool to split the file into multiple rides and upload the smaller files to Strava.    

Let me know if you've had any luck getting this activity to Strava.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @jannk96 

Thanks for posting about this and Congrats on completing what I'm sure was an epic ride.  Sorry to hear it didn't sync to Strava.  Have you been able to export the file from Apple Health?  

Generally, files need to be 25MB or smaller to upload to Strava.  One workaround, if you have the file, is to use a third party tool to split the file into multiple rides and upload the smaller files to Strava.    

Let me know if you've had any luck getting this activity to Strava.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Even am facing same issue ride not uploading and i on moving since hours as its shows on health app . How can i import it on starva as am trying to delete activity its not delting in starva import section how can it be imported ?? Unable to undesrtand from below solution can anyone help with step wise 

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings