cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make managing components less restrictive

Christian
Mt. Kenya

It seems to me Strava invested a lot of development effort into restricting the possibilities to edit components, leading to the user being handcuffed.

I simply want to maintain a list of components, the date each was added, and the date each was removed from a bike - that's all. No complex programming logic is needed.

I sometimes want to add a note or change the name of a retired component. And I sometimes want to move a component from one bike to another. And yes: I also had a case where a frame was replaced, but all other components stayed - it still counts as the same bike to me.

Concrete Suggestions:
- adding a frame after you retire one should be enabled (or at least allow un-retiring it)
- editing retired components should be enabled
- editing the actual "retired on" date should be enabled
- moving a component from one bike to another should be enabled (or at least add a field for starting mileage and age of a component at the time it was added to a bike)

Thanks for listening
Christian

5 REPLIES 5

CycloRunner
Mt. Kenya

Not being able to set the Retired On Date in a similar fashion to being able to set the Installed On Date is severely limiting for time and mileage guidance and the one most users would encounter trying to use Strava Gear tracking

MrP
Mt. Kenya

Bump!

niklasdr
Mt. Kenya

We often swap between components on our bikes, right? For example, I have tires for wet and tires for the dry. I certainly don't retire tires every time I swap between wet and dry. Do you? 

christiano
Mt. Kenya

I've created a mobile app that does exactly what you are after:

https://maintrack.app

Cool, I will check this out!! Hopefully Strava will see the gap and integrate your app into theirs 🙂

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings