cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual mode routing in-between waypoints?

knixen
Mt. Kenya

Hello, the Strava map editor is getting better and better. Good work!

Still one thing that grinds my gears. Can you please add the possibility to use the "Manual mode", (ie. no routing) in-between waypoints
As it is now the feature it only seems to work on the last waypoint (or am I doing it wrong?) .

This makes it impossible to edit routes where there are no routeble tracks (eg using the heatmap as a source for the way).

Now I have to either redraw the entire route from scratch or export gpx, upload and use another service, and then upload to strava again. Very tiresome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nicky
Strava
Strava

Hey @knixen! Thank you so much for writing in about this. We've been working on a fix for exactly the issue you point out and it recently went live. If you right click (or double click on Mac) you should be able to convert the waypoint to Manual Mode, even if it's in the middle of your route. This will convert the entire leg to manual mode. Try this out and let me know if it allows you to easily do the routing job you'd like to do! 

If it doesn't, let us know what would help you get the job done! Thanks again for taking the time to write in with the question. We're excited to help make this product better for you! 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

nicky
Strava
Strava

Hey @BenW151 thanks for the question. If you turn the "manual mode" toggle in the sidebar on, all subsequent waypoints will be "manual" until you turn the toggle off. I'm not sure i fully understand where exactly you're running in to trouble. Does my answer make sense or is something else happening? 

Hi Nicky 

Can you turn manual mode on if using a phone? I am struggling.

Hey @Devin we don't currently support manual mode on the mobile app but are working on that this year. For now, the best way to create manual sections is on the website. Thanks for your patience here. We'll get it to the mobile app ASAP! 

nicky
Strava
Strava

Great! So glad to hear it! Please let us know if you have any other issues with the route editor or other feature requests, and thanks again for writing in!

nicky
Strava
Strava

Hey @knixen! Thank you so much for writing in about this. We've been working on a fix for exactly the issue you point out and it recently went live. If you right click (or double click on Mac) you should be able to convert the waypoint to Manual Mode, even if it's in the middle of your route. This will convert the entire leg to manual mode. Try this out and let me know if it allows you to easily do the routing job you'd like to do! 

If it doesn't, let us know what would help you get the job done! Thanks again for taking the time to write in with the question. We're excited to help make this product better for you! 

Hi @nicky,

Is there a plan to create a toggle to make all new waypoints manual? I am having issues planning trail running routes where I'll need to place many manual waypoints, and currently I have to add a waypoint which anchors to a nearby road/trail, which I then convert to manual, and then rinse and repeat which becomes very tedious when adding lots of points.

A toggle which turns all future waypoints to manual would make life significantly easier.

Also goes without saying that the manual waypoint feature would also be super convenient if added to the mobile app.

Thanks!

Thanks, I have tested it and it works as expected! 
Very good work! Makes Strava the number one map editor number 😀