cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Pin a route

bricin
Shkhara

I have routes downloaded for offline use. I want to use these routes on a run/hike. Unfortunately the route gets un-highlighted and in the middle of nowhere, I am stuck.

I suspect if I clicked "do this route" in Strava it would work but on a very long hike I cannot afford for my phone battery to take that hit.

Any way to pin the route?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

This post has been escalated to our Support team. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jane
Moderator Moderator

This post has been escalated to our Support team. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Jane (she/her)

Thanks Jane - I think this is a feature request more than a support issue, but glad to chat with the Strava folks directly.

bricin
Shkhara

Hi Jane - unfortunately that is not the issue. I know how to save and find an offline route. The issue is that without clicking Start Route, I cannot simply track progress on the route.

Start Route is not an option as that uses significant battery which is an issue on 6+ hour treks. A simple solution, similar to OnX maps, is to just pin the route so I can periodically check progress against the displayed route.

Hi again @bricin 

Thanks for replying and clarifying that.  I talked with my Colleague and at this point we're going to escalate this to a Support ticket so he can work with you directly on this issue.  Someone will get in touch with you shortly.  Thanks so much for your patience.

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @bricin 

You will be able to use downloaded routes without an internet connection after clicking the button for offline use on the routes detail page.

First, click Maps along the bottom of the app. Then click Saved and Saved Routes. You will see the routes that you have downloaded listed here, with the remainder of the routes grayed out. Click Start Route and you will see the route displayed on the record screen.

I would encourage you to review this article for more information.

I hope this helps and please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Jane (she/her)

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings