cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Curve vs Average Power

karovaldas
Shkhara

Average power for the whole ride at the end of Power Curve is always lower than Average Power for the ride on the activity page.  Why is that?  Is it because Power Curve does not filter out stops?  Is there an option to filter out stops from the Power Curve like there is an option to exclude non-moving sections from the Average Power calculation?

Thanks,

Haris

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Jan_Mantau
Denali

Exactly, pause times are included in the power curve and that can't be changed. In my opinion there shouldn't be an option to exclude pauses because that would paint a wrong picture for your power over time periods, i.e. suggesting a higher FTP as you really can sustain.

View solution in original post

karovaldas
Shkhara

I wish I had an option to select what to include and what to exclude myself. Mismatch between average power and power at the end of a time period just feels wrong. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

karovaldas
Shkhara

I wish I had an option to select what to include and what to exclude myself. Mismatch between average power and power at the end of a time period just feels wrong. 

Jan_Mantau
Denali

Exactly, pause times are included in the power curve and that can't be changed. In my opinion there shouldn't be an option to exclude pauses because that would paint a wrong picture for your power over time periods, i.e. suggesting a higher FTP as you really can sustain.