cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Segment creation not working / Not Saving Created Segments

gusgus190
Shkhara

Strava says "Segment creation in this area is disabled because it has been identified as private property, having restricted activity access, and/or other reasons"

Support site says it's a known issue and they're working through it, is anyone else having this issue? Hopefully it'll be fixed soon!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hi All! 

Thanks to everyone who posted about this. I've received word that this should now be fixed. Please take a look and let me know if you are still having the issue.

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39

shredded
Mt. Kenya

Segment creation no longer works. Really hoping this gets fixed soon.

Simmo
Mt. Kenya

Hi, I created numerous segments yesterday (29th September 2024) in the normal way. These have not appeared on my ride. It would be good to know that Strava has accepted the new segment when you save it. Otherwise looks like the same issues as everyone else. The support link through the app is not very useful as it does to give much information apart from 'segment creation is currently down'. The Strava status page link does not mention this.

RinatLT
Mt. Kenya

.. same problem

Hi!

September 2024.. I've created two new segments following a mountain bike ride. The route is "accepted" (i.e., Strava accepting the length) and then when I click create, it goes back to the ride (from which I've created the segment) but doesn't create the segment. I've tried creating two separate segments three times, to no avail.

To confirm they weren't created, I checked under "my segments" under dashboard and did not see my created segments.

The ride I tried using to make segments: https://www.strava.com/activities/12534902987

Thanks. 

Same issue here.  Created a segment, saved it but doesn't appear in the activity.  Tried refresh; logging out; logging in again etc.  Segment public, not private etc.  Come on Strava! Sort it out please!

Je suis dans le même cas, ce lundi 30 sept

TRANSLATION:  I am in the same case, this Monday September 30

I am having the same issue - first noticed it on Saturday, 28/9/2024, then again Sunday, 29/9/2024. I saw on a help page when I tried to report it that segment creating is down, however no timeline has been given for resolution of the issue. Perhaps it has something to do with the changes they are making to clean segments up

I'm having the same issue. Just tried creating 3 new segments from a ride. Says they were all created but none of them show up. Somethings not right.

shredded
Mt. Kenya

Same issue. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

BCGravel
Mt. Kenya

So they're saying it's a known issue - looks like the attempt to fix many of the irritating issues with segments as noted at this link isn't going so smoothly: https://communityhub.strava.com/t5/strava-insider-journal/we-re-changing-segments-for-the-better/ba-...

I'm sure they'll fix it soon. It can't help that this surfaced Friday and runs over the weekend.