cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Segment creation not working / Not Saving Created Segments

gusgus190
Shkhara

Strava says "Segment creation in this area is disabled because it has been identified as private property, having restricted activity access, and/or other reasons"

Support site says it's a known issue and they're working through it, is anyone else having this issue? Hopefully it'll be fixed soon!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hi All! 

Thanks to everyone who posted about this. I've received word that this should now be fixed. Please take a look and let me know if you are still having the issue.

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39

gusgus190
Shkhara

As per the issue regarding segment creation, segments are now being created, yet they're not showing up on the activity, not even 3+ hours after the activity has been completed. 

This may have something to do with the segment creation issue that was noted earlier yesterday.

dash1e
Mt. Kenya

Screenshot 2024-10-01 alle 17.18.09.pngWhen I create a new route and save it, we are still without segment detection. And the segment list under the created route is empty.

Dahu83
Mt. Kenya

OK ! Celà fonctionne depuis ce matin, merci

TRANSLATION: OK! It's been working since this morning, thanks

Alextheeagle
Mt. Kenya

Io da sabato 28 settembre 2024 non riesco a creare segmenti. Ovvero li creo ma poi non appaiono sul giro appena fatto e neppure nella sezione segmenti creati. Potrebbe essere a causa del lavoro di pulizia segmenti che strava sta perando sui suoi server?

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hi All! 

Thanks to everyone who posted about this. I've received word that this should now be fixed. Please take a look and let me know if you are still having the issue.

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Segment preview is showing as no segments regardless of what route I create that have multiple visible segments. Last route I created where it did was on 9/28

Just succesfu created a 0.31 mile (500 meter) segment. This length stipulation is ridiculous BTW.. 

It's working well. Thank you!

I create biking segments. All of a sudden I can't create any segments anymore. There's something wrong with Strava. Thanks!