cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Segment creation not working / Not Saving Created Segments

gusgus190
Shkhara

Strava says "Segment creation in this area is disabled because it has been identified as private property, having restricted activity access, and/or other reasons"

Support site says it's a known issue and they're working through it, is anyone else having this issue? Hopefully it'll be fixed soon!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hi All! 

Thanks to everyone who posted about this. I've received word that this should now be fixed. Please take a look and let me know if you are still having the issue.

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39

Thank you very much - working for me!

Good evening, I've been trying to create a segment since Friday and it doesn't create an error.

A couple of days ago one of my Segments was removed and its number redirected to an alternate version.  Unfortunately that alternate version finishes beyond a junction and, in my opinion, was not safe.  Hence I had created the slightly shorter and safer version.  I have tried to recreate the shorter version just now and I'm pleased to say it has succeeded and the new Segment appears in my Activity 🙂.  Thanks for your efforts to resolve things.

bpack88
Mt. Kenya

I am having the same issue with segment creation with new segments not showing up.

La stessa cosa per me. Dovrebbe essere a causa dei lavori di pulizia segmenti sul server

r0159
Mt. Kenya

Same as many others here, I haven't been able to create any segments since Friday. It's even more frustrating as all proceeds as usual when I have tried to create them with no indication that it's not actually saving anything... A response when you go to create a segments saying it's not working would be less annoying. Hopefully this will be fixed sooner rather than later!

Ian
Elbrus

I had another attempt to create a new Segment a short time ago.  As before, it appeared to save it but the Segment is not visible.  However, something else curious happened.  I wanted to make a relatively short Segment of about 0.33 miles, being well aware that the minimum length is about 0.31 miles (500 m).  However, it kept telling me the Segment was too short until I gradually increased it to 0.36 miles (600 m).  Hence I'm wondering if the minimum Segment length has somehow increased during the recent problems.  Hopefully this was not intentional - I don't remember any Strava customers asking for an increase and I well remember a lot of complaining when the minimum was increased from 300 m to 500 m a couple of years ago.  If the minimum length needs adjusting can I politely suggest a compromise of 400 m ?

SwedenJon
Mt. Kenya

Any update on when Segment creation will be restored? It's quite frustrating and there seems to be no adequate explanation as to why it's occurred. 

Ian
Elbrus

This morning I created 2 new Segments.  Neither was close to being a duplicate of an existing Segment and I didn't get any error message when I saved them.  However, I just completed an Activity that included the new Segments and neither appeared in the Segment list.  I also see that neither of the new Segments appears in the list of Segments that I have created.  I've previously created more than 5,500 Segments without any problems.  Anyone else getting similar problems ?

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings