cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Segment creation not working / Not Saving Created Segments

gusgus190
Shkhara

Strava says "Segment creation in this area is disabled because it has been identified as private property, having restricted activity access, and/or other reasons"

Support site says it's a known issue and they're working through it, is anyone else having this issue? Hopefully it'll be fixed soon!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hi All! 

Thanks to everyone who posted about this. I've received word that this should now be fixed. Please take a look and let me know if you are still having the issue.

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39

Hopefully they don't take all our KOM's away!! Lol

ARoger
Pico de Orizaba

Indeed, it`s now impossible to create new segments. The system doesn`t even show an error message. 

steverob
Mt. Kenya

Yes same issue here. Created a segment yesterday, seemed to process as normal (no error message about private property) yet it does not appear on the ride I created it from and when I go into My Created Segments, it's not listed. The only other segment on that road is in the opposite direction, so it can't be a duplicate either.

ARoger
Pico de Orizaba

I'm trying to create a segment on a regular road inside a city and I'm getting the following error message: 

Segment creation in this area is disabled because it has been identified as private property, having restricted activity access, and/or other reasons

You guys really need to fix this. No, my GPS data is just fine (recorded on a Garmin 840).

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hello!

Thanks for the posts. We are aware of this issue and are working on solving it as quickly as possible. We will post an update when we get more info from our team about this.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

In the last week, any new segments I have created are not showing up.  I know they are trying to declutter, but I live an area that doesn't have a ton of segments.  If this is how it will be in the future, I will move to another service, segments are the main reason I use Strava.

rcb
Mt. Kenya

Yes, same message, on a clearly not private property route with no reason I can think of not to allow a segment. Please fix this!

Buli
Mt. Kenya

They ruined Strava! Hope it's just a bug and not intentional

DaniRodddd
Mt. Kenya

Yes, I am experiencing the same problem

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings