cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Route creation problem

Venix
Mt. Kenya

For the first time in several weeks I tried to create a route a few days ago on my iMac using Chrome and some way into the creation of the route it’s like the webpage refreshed and cleared the entire page, it was completely blank. The only thing showing in my browser was the URL. I then tried it again, and the same thing happened. I gave up.

I’ve just tried creating a route again today, this time on my iPad in Safari and it has done the same thing - part way into the creation of the route the page goes blank. I really need to create this route prior to my long run in a couple of hours so I’ve saved it, and keep going back and editing it to extend it because i can’t seem to create it in one go without this problem. It is happening over and over and over. I can’t even seem to add 1km to it without the page going blank. It has made route creation completely unusable for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hi Again! Our team has let me know that the issue should be resolved!  @Venix@happysoul@louisa1847 & @mbressinck, please give it a try.
If you still have issues, please open a new browser window and log out and log back in and see if that does the trick.
Let me know if this works, or if you still have any issues.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 If you are experiencing this issue, please try using a different browser. Our team has noted that older versions of Apple Safari no longer support some features offered on the Strava website. If you are unable to create a route, you may be using one of these unsupported versions of Safari.

Currently, the most up-to-date version of the Safari browser, version 17, can be installed on computers which run macOS 12, 13, or 14 with macOS version 14 being the most recently released version. If your computer is running an earlier version of macOS, unfortunately your machine does not support the most recent version of Safari. In order to upgrade Safari to a supported version, it will be necessary to upgrade macOS on your machine.

You can learn more about macOS version support in the following article provided by Apple: Find out which macOS your Mac is using Additionally, the following article from Wikipedia provides a table that lays out version support for the browser: Safari version history

If you are unable to install a supported version of the Safari web browser, our team recommends trying a different browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Ondra
Mt. Kenya

Here is the same problem, when I start to make a route my page is cleared. I can't even open the past routes. Using MacBook Air (Big Sur) and Safari. It worked perfectly since few days ago. Any solution?

Hey @Ondra

We're not aware of any further issues with the route builder at this time. I'm going to send you over to our support team and they will try to figure out what is going on. If you are having a similar issue, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Former Member
Not applicable

Same issue here on Mac with Safari browser. The route builder goes completely blank as soon as it loads.

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hi Again! Our team has let me know that the issue should be resolved!  @Venix@happysoul@louisa1847 & @mbressinck, please give it a try.
If you still have issues, please open a new browser window and log out and log back in and see if that does the trick.
Let me know if this works, or if you still have any issues.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Hi Scout, I too am having the same issue. When I click on create route it takes me to the page but then it goes blank. Please help! I am using a MacBook Air.

Here is the same problem, when I start to make a route my page is cleared. I can't even open the past routes. Using MacBook Air (Big Sur) and Safari. It worked perfectly since few days ago. Any solution?

Former Member
Not applicable

Hi Scout, I'm having issues too with the Route Builder since yesterday, 25th September. I'm on a Mac running the latest Safari browser and when I select "Create Route" the route builder appears for a second then goes completely blank. I've logged out, logged in, tried different browsers, lots of things. Help!

hey @Former Member, 

We're not aware of any further issues with the route builder at this time. I'm going to send you over to our support team and they will try to figure out what is going on. If you are having a similar issue, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)