cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava taking a long time to load

Josh84L
Mt. Kenya

For about a week now Strava has been taking about 1:30 to even load the app all the way on my Pixel 6a. After a couple taps on the screen then you have to wait another 1:30 for the next screen. I only use mobile data. Before everything was fine. I've tried clearing the cache, reinstalling the app and even going back an older version. When installing the app it takes forever to install. I've tried various permission settings with the same result. Updated the Android to the latest version. If I log out of the app it goes to a blank gray screen but disabling the 5G internet, Strava login screen pops up and have to renable the 5g and then log back in waiting another 1:30 for everything to load. I've connected my device to another mobile phone with the same result. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Josh84L 

Sorry to hear about all those issues with the Strava App on your Pixel phone.  I'm wondering if those issues are network related.  You mention you only use Mobile Data.  Have you tried connecting to a WiFi network to see if you get the same behavior?  

Another thought - are you by any chance using VPN software on your Pixel?  We've seen that sometimes causing the kinds of issues you're describing.  If you are, try disabling it and doing a test to see if that makes a difference.

Let me know how you make out!

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

eduardorodri
Mt. Kenya

I have issues loading the feed on the app when connected through the wifi. It eventually loads, but it basically unusable. The website loads properly on wifi.

If I use the mobile network the app loads properly.

I have tried changing the DNS and I am trying to troubleshoot with the internet provider, but I wonder if this is a known problem

OBardo
Mt. Kenya

I have same problem!

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Josh84L 

Sorry to hear about all those issues with the Strava App on your Pixel phone.  I'm wondering if those issues are network related.  You mention you only use Mobile Data.  Have you tried connecting to a WiFi network to see if you get the same behavior?  

Another thought - are you by any chance using VPN software on your Pixel?  We've seen that sometimes causing the kinds of issues you're describing.  If you are, try disabling it and doing a test to see if that makes a difference.

Let me know how you make out!

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

I have been have the same problem on a an IPhone 14 with both mobile data and when on WiFi. It is not 100% of the time, prob about 60%.  I have noticed that sometimes the app is not opening to the Home Screen but opening to Record which it neve used to do. I have been seeing this for 2 to 3 weeks.