cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava widget not updating

SlimsND
Mt. Kenya

Good morning, 

For the past week my iPhone Strava widget has not been updating with correct mileage. I assume this is a known issue based on what I’ve read on Reddit, but didn’t see a topic from 2024 on this topic. I’ve tried removing and re-adding the widget to no avail. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey all!
Thanks for posting and sorry for the trouble. Can you try our initial troubleshooting step of deleting and reinstalling the Strava app? Our recommended instructions are below:

1. Delete the Strava application from your phone
2. Power your device off for 10 seconds
3. Turn your phone back on
4. Reinstall the Strava application 

Note: You will not lose any data if you do this since all data is stored on the Strava servers.

Google Play Store:
Strava: Track Running, Cycling & Swimming
How to update your apps on Android: Support - Google

Apple App Store:
Strava: Run, Ride, Swim
How to update your apps on Apple: Support - Apple

If this does not resolve your issue, please submit a support ticket and our team will provide further assistance. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey all!
Thanks for posting and sorry for the trouble. Can you try our initial troubleshooting step of deleting and reinstalling the Strava app? Our recommended instructions are below:

1. Delete the Strava application from your phone
2. Power your device off for 10 seconds
3. Turn your phone back on
4. Reinstall the Strava application 

Note: You will not lose any data if you do this since all data is stored on the Strava servers.

Google Play Store:
Strava: Track Running, Cycling & Swimming
How to update your apps on Android: Support - Google

Apple App Store:
Strava: Run, Ride, Swim
How to update your apps on Apple: Support - Apple

If this does not resolve your issue, please submit a support ticket and our team will provide further assistance. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Everyone knows if you clear your data the widget works normally for a few days. What we want is an actual fix that doesn't involve needing to clear our data or reinstall the app twice a week. Even worse is if the widget has an update error it gives you a button to refresh manually. That's right, the code that would fix everything (a manual refresh button) already exists and is being forcibly withheld from us even though the issue has been prevalent since the first app version that shipped with this widget.

Your comment couldn't be less helpful.

Thank you Scout! I followed the steps and everything is now working as expected.

Aylin
Mt. Kenya

Not working at all since last week

Mustafa1
Mt. Kenya

Got the same issue. I’m going to eat my shoe if they don’t fix this. And be warned, my shoe smells REAALLLLY bad. Next I’ll go on hunger strike, which is pretty easy because I’m fasting ramadan anyways. And after that, I’ll call the cops. And finally if that doesn’t work, I’ll sit in a corner and soak in a puddle of my own tears while I contemplate the consequences of actions that are not my own.

Peace out and don’t pay your taxes.

— B. H. Obama

Tafel
Mt. Kenya

Having the exact same issue since the Strava update on iOS. Hoping for a fix.

Alexweb12
Mt. Kenya

Also having same problem since last Strava app update!