cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wahoo system automatically uploaded as virtual ride

Windbreak
Mt. Kenya

When Wahoo system uploads a ride to Strava, Strava should upload it as a virtual ride by default.

Strava already auto detects different types of ride based on Garmin ride profiles (gravel, MTB, road, etc), why not just do the same logic for everything from Wahoo System, RGT, Zwift etc.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello Windbreak,

Thank you for your post!  On Strava, we use the term virtual ride to mean something very specific - an indoor trainer ride that records and uploads virtual GPS data.   An example of a product that does this is Zwift.  

Because these files contain real GPS and time data, they will match segments on Strava.   We require our Athletes to categorize these rides as "virtual ride" as this removes them from real-world segment leaderboards and puts the efforts on virtual ride segments.  This is necessary because indoor trainer rides are not the same as riding outdoors with traffic, road conditions, weather, etc. and because of this, we can't allow times from these activities on public, real world segment leaderboards.

We do monitor activity uploads, and automatically apply the activity type "virtual ride" (or "virtual run") to any where we detect virtual GPS is present.

In the case of the activities completed using Wahoo SYSTM, no virtual GPS is recorded or uploaded, so they can simply be categorized as "indoor" rides on Strava, and the activity type can remain as "ride".

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

Hey Jane,

Thanks for the quick response. It makes perfect sense why it doesn’t upload Wahoo System rides as virtual rides now.

I am sure that once Wahoo properly integrate RGT with System then they will start providing GPS data for their training sessions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

eduardorodri
Mt. Kenya

@Jane ,

How can I set the proper gear (bike) to the correct ride?

I have a bike on my indoor trainer that I use with both Zwift and Wahoo Systms.

When I create both bikes on the Gears setting, I can set the indoor bike to Virtual Ride, but since Wahoo is not recorded as Virtual, it attributes the ride to my outdoor bike.

I use this to monitor the service interval.

Is there a way to bulk-update activities?

D_a_n_e
Mt. Kenya

Hi,

any updates on this? I am using my wahoo kickr and bolt together and loading up routes to follow. The elevation changes automatically adjust resistance on the kickr and wahoo records the elevation data into my activity. when i load it to Strava, the elevation data is missing. I am trying to avoid subscribing to zwift. could it be as simple as classifying the activity as virtual? please help.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello Windbreak,

Thank you for your post!  On Strava, we use the term virtual ride to mean something very specific - an indoor trainer ride that records and uploads virtual GPS data.   An example of a product that does this is Zwift.  

Because these files contain real GPS and time data, they will match segments on Strava.   We require our Athletes to categorize these rides as "virtual ride" as this removes them from real-world segment leaderboards and puts the efforts on virtual ride segments.  This is necessary because indoor trainer rides are not the same as riding outdoors with traffic, road conditions, weather, etc. and because of this, we can't allow times from these activities on public, real world segment leaderboards.

We do monitor activity uploads, and automatically apply the activity type "virtual ride" (or "virtual run") to any where we detect virtual GPS is present.

In the case of the activities completed using Wahoo SYSTM, no virtual GPS is recorded or uploaded, so they can simply be categorized as "indoor" rides on Strava, and the activity type can remain as "ride".

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Hey Jane,

Thanks for the quick response. It makes perfect sense why it doesn’t upload Wahoo System rides as virtual rides now.

I am sure that once Wahoo properly integrate RGT with System then they will start providing GPS data for their training sessions.