cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

How to remove/mute "motivational" messages from Strava

pssaenz
Shkhara

Since a few weeks ago Strava is at it again with pushing "features" down your throat. Now among the notifications for an activity I have to read Strava's stupid "motivational" messages (you're doing great, keep at it, da da da). Anyone can help me get rid of those?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello,

Thanks to everyone who has commented and provided feedback.  The testing phase is completed and these notifications are now in production. 

While this cannot be completely disabled, you do have the ability to disable the push notification. Push notifications are "pushed" to your mobile device when the Strava app is either closed or running in the background.

This can be turned off by going to:

You Tab
Settings (top right)
Push Notifications
Un-toggling Device Activity Synced

The push notification settings do not affect the in-app notifications you receive in the mobile app or on the Strava website. 

Again, we appreciate the feedback and it has been passed along to the Team.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

89 REPLIES 89

csgaraglino
Mt. Kenya

I have left Strava after 11 years and moved to Ride with GPS. I have canceled my paid subscription and am now on the free version so while my friends still on Strava and see my rides. I have disabled all notification, and removed access to all apps.  Ow when I ride, I post on RGPS, then RGPS will update my friends on Strava. 

JuliuszK
Mt. Kenya

Wow! How can somebody (here - Strava) be so stubborn and deaf to their customers' feedback? The "motivational" notifications are insulting, useless and distracting. Please make them optional or just get rid of them altogether - nobody will miss them.

vanowm
Shkhara

Since a November 2023 Strava is at it again with pushing "features" down your throat. Now among the notifications for an activity I have to read Strava's stupid "motivational" messages (you're doing great, keep at it, da da da). Anyone can help me get rid of those?

There is a topic already with 625 thumbs up regarding this issue, with a useless "solution" to disable notifications all together.

Obviously strava team doesn't read or care about topics with "solution" provided, regardless how many "thumb up" it received, so it forces us to get their attention by starting new topics for the same issue. 

Yes I second that!

It’s incredibly disappointing that despite over three months and numerous complaints (100+) about the KUDOS notifications, there’s been no resolution. This feature should have been addressed promptly. We need a concrete update on when this issue will finally be resolved. It’s time for Strava to prioritize the user experience and provide a solution to this ongoing frustration.

Curlz58
Mt. Kenya

Please stop the motivation kudos. Everyone who reads this. Please start a new comment, thread, and let us flood them with request to change this feature to being optional!

With the last update of the Strava app, I now get Kudos from Strava. Not from followers, but from STRAVA! "Way to go, T...", "Kudos to you, T...". Why?

And, apparently this feature cannot be disabled. It's not even an option in the push notifications within the app. I don't want to see this junk.

Hall
Shkhara

The motivational messages are utter crap and you should let user to turn them off completely. Who even requested such a silly feature?

Former Member
Not applicable

Stil get the kudos from Strava itself. Very annoying. Problem was issued last year but stil not fixed!!

Sosatuub
Mt. Kenya

Turn this crap off. Wow, you went for a 900 meter dog stroll. You're so freaking amazing. My whole day is amazing now.