cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why not a NOTES section for routes?

pharris
Shkhara

I do a lot of route planning for a larger group (cycling). Some in the group might want to go long, others might want something shorter. I usually try to plan a route that has "shortcuts" so that some can turn off the route, go down a different road, then rejoin the roue later on with the goal of doing fewer miles. Some routes can have two or even three possible shortcut options.

I try to title the ride something like: "My Town to Your Town 40-mile Loop with a 20-mile option". I will then describe the "shortcut" in the ride description. Problem is, I do this for so many routes I can remember the shortcut road but can't remember the revised distance, and for some of our older riders that number is very important. It would be very helpful to have a text box on the route page so I can enter those kinds of notes. Then I'd have them readily available when posting the ride ("20-mile option: turn left off the route onto Country Lane, go 3.5 miles, then turn left again onto Back Road to rejoin the posted route"). I could then cut-and-paste that into the ride description.

0 REPLIES 0