Curious about our API? Connect with our developers to share ideas, knowledge, and feedback
Recently active
Has anyone experienced submitted the athlete limit increase form and not hearing definite answer about your application? I’ve submitted and followed up by email but haven’t gotten a response. Saw this reply in a different thread, but having followed up by email and not getting a reply I’m stuck on what to do next. Thanks!
I had submitted my application and user limit increase request 20 days ago with no response. Last night, I wrote a brief email to developers@strava.com and got approved this evening.It’s very disappointing to see this forum so full of developers waiting for feedback! Below are some factors that I think may have contributed to me getting a response. I hope this will help some of you all out!My application was very descriptive (probably overly so), spelling out exactly how the API integration served my users and why I needed higher limits. The integration is simple, just reading public routes and uploading ride recordings from my app. The app already is on the App Store, not something in development. I know for some apps/services that’s not feasible but I do think that could have helped my application get through. For what it’s worth, probably not much, here is the exact email I sent to the team:Subject: API Request ResponseHope you are well,I requested app approval and more users for
I have requested 20 days ago to launch an API for our sports group, I have not received any response to this day, I still get a message, on our ranking page, about how a new person wants to join "that I have reached the limit," i.e. one person. it has been going on for more than 20 days. can I ask you to advise me what to do?
How you know about api this belongs from x api or z api for only api
Hi Strava Developer Team,I’m posting here to kindly ask for visibility on my developer submission / API rate limit increase request.I’m building Activ.run, a workout and running tracker app. I have already completed the Strava integration and have been using it successfully with my own personal Strava account for testing. The integration allows users to connect their own Strava account and import their own activity data into Activ.run.At this stage, the integration is not intended to replicate, compete with, or redistribute Strava data. It is designed to help users view and manage their own training data inside Activ.run after they explicitly authorize access through Strava OAuth.I originally submitted my API rate limit increase request on May 4, 2026, and I also sent a follow-up email afterward (20 May 2026 and 27 May 2026), but I have not yet received an acknowledgment, update, or decision.For reference, these are my client IDs:Production Client ID: 235236 — primary account requiring
My API app shows as disabled, and doesn’t allow me to edit its name, callback URL, etc. I’ve not used it for a long time and wanted to start fresh.It was created well before the the API ToS restrictions but I just want it now to convert genuinely private rides to private, not public by default. Or visa-versa - all uploads are private and get converted if deemed not to involve a private destination.
The form modal when you click ‘Edit” on the API settings page is completely disabled from interaction. I can’t edit my name, callback url, etc. This is really frustrating.
I see in this forum hundreds of messages from people waiting for the Athlete Limit to be increased, I know it takes a few days, but people have been waiting weeks/months with no answer from the Strava team. I just wonder if the Strava Team is aware of this situation.
Subject: Final Follow-Up: Ticket #14078 — 6 Weeks No ResolutionHi Strava Support,I'm following up on Ticket #14078. My original athlete capacity increase request was submitted on April 13 — that is now 6 weeks with no resolution.I have followed up multiple times via this ticket, posted on the Developer Community Hub, and have received no actionable response.At this point I need to be transparent — if I cannot get approval or at minimum a status update this week, I will need to remove Strava integration from Elite Edge Conditioning entirely and route my users through an alternative platform.I would prefer not to do that. My app is live, my users want Strava connectivity, and everything on my end is fully built and ready.All I need is a decision — approved or denied.Client ID: 219665Ticket: #14078Original Submission: April 13, 2025Please respond.Michael ChiarolanzaFounder, Elite Edge Conditioning
Prosím, je možné, abyste přidali do nabídky švihadlo? Moc děkuji.
Hi everyone,I wanted to reach out to the community (and hopefully someone from Strava) regarding quota increase requests for the API.I submitted my request on April 29th and haven't heard back yet, and looking at the forum, it seems like many of you are in the same situation — some members have apparently been waiting for over 2 months with no update.To make things worse, several members have tried following up directly at developers@strava.com, but as far as I can tell, no one has received a reply from there either.A couple of questions:1. Has anyone received a response from Strava recently regarding their quota increase request? If so, how long did it take?2. Is there anyone from Strava monitoring this forum who could share even a brief update on the current situation? We're not necessarily asking for immediate approval — just some transparency. Is there a backlog? Is the process changing? Is API access moving to a paid model?The automated email mentions a response time of 7–10 busin
I uploaded an activity through the API. It shows up in my feed, but it doesn't appear on my profile. Did I do something wrong? Is this expected?
Fiz o cancelamento da assinatura, agora tentei pedir reembolso e não estou conseguindo, eu quero o meu reembolso. Tem como fazer ?
@Emily_A Is there any kind of paid subscription or paid tier for Strava’s API?I’ve been waiting for my API limit to be increased, but it never seems to happen. I know you do a great job answering questions and helping people find solutions here, so I just wanted to ask directly whether there is any paid option available that would allow me to increase the limit.
Hello there,I am writing to request a status update on a Production Access / Rate Limit Increase request for our application, Pedalgrafia.Initial Request: April 16, 2026Follow-up Provided: May 8, 2026Currently, we are still stuck at the 1-athlete limit. Since it has been over a month since the initial request, could someone please take a look at our request?Thanks in advance for your reply
hi , I am developing a SAAS platform for fitness community and as a part of that I want give a way for coaches to read strava activities of their athletes. I am still developing this app so it seems I can connect with only 1 athlete .May I request you to increase this quota to minimum 20 so I can do proper testing before I roll this out for wider audience ? RegardsSandeep
Hi everyone!I built a small app for my running club called Club Runners (club-runners.vercel.app) — it shows personalized stats, training insights, a world map of runs, club events, and an AI assistant that answers questions about your running history, all powered by Strava.I submitted the API access request to allow my club members to log in, followed up multiple times via email, but haven't heard back from the Strava developer team.Has anyone gone through this process and found a way to get a response? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!Thanks in advance
https://developers.strava.com/docs/webhooks/#signature-verificationWhat is Strava using for the shared signing secret ?I had assumed my client secret, but I can’t get the hashes to match for love nor money.I am getting t and v1, no worries (well at least v1 looks right)!Here’s my PHP (gasp!) <?php$timestamp = 1777657039;$rawBody = '{"aspect_type":"update","event_time":1777657039,"object_id":123123123,"object_type":"activity","owner_id":123123123,"subscription_id":123123,"updates":{"title":"Please work"}}';$clientSecret = 'myDirtyLittleSecret';$providedSignature = 'theV1HashProvided';$signedPayload = $timestamp . '.' . $rawBody;$expectedSignature = hash_hmac('sha256', $signedPayload, $clientSecret);var_dump(hash_equals($expectedSignature, $providedSignature));I’ve tried all the available HMAC algorithms, concatenating the $timestamp and $rawBody with a ‘,’ instead of a ‘.’, variations of with/without { and } braces.Heck, I’ve even spent an hour talking to ChatGPT.Exhausting my option
Hey everyone,Quick question - I submitted an API quota increase request for my app Nice to Beat You around 2–3 weeks ago, and I haven’t heard anything back yetI know these things probably take some time, so no pressure - I’m just wondering how this usually works.For anyone who’s been through this before:did you just wait until someone got back to you? is there any good way to follow up? should I add more context somewhere, or would that just create noise?The app is still in development/testing, but the current quota is starting to be a bit limiting, so I’d love to understand what the normal process looks like.And hey, if anyone from the API team happens to see this - any hint on the best way to follow up would be super helpful :)
Everyone here carefully asking what’s going on when they had their API requests waiting for weeks if not months (me included). This is ridiculous to be honest, there is no other way to put this. Not only the absurd waiting times but also the no communication at all. Like if I went quiet in my job for weeks what do you think would happen? Would I get a promotion, a cautionary “what is going on I hope you are ok” from my boss, or be fired? This is unacceptable 🤔
Hi all,Posting here per Q11 of the FAQ, after going through the relevant community resources first — the API FAQ, Denzel-Warren's November 2024 policy posts on AI and data display, and several recent threads from developers in similar situations (the Athlete Limit Increase megathread, ProPace, AthletIQ AI, Rule9, and the Kukiman0/dlandre thread on AI inference). Status below, AI specifics framed against the November 20 clarification, and a clear ask at the end.— Submission status- Client ID: 225209 (Zenith)- Submitted: 16 April 2026 (31 days ago)- Follow-ups to developers@strava.com: 4, 5, and 10 May — no reply on any- App page updated today (17 May): Terms of Service URL added, website moved to HTTPS, description rewritten to detail the AI use case— Use casePersonalized coaching for serious amateur endurance athletes (running, cycling, triathlon). Athletes record short voice notes after each session capturing how the workout felt. Strava activity data is paired with these qualitative
I put in a request to up my api access from 1 so I can have users beta test my new app. This was 3 weeks ago. How long does it usually take to get a response and the increase?
Joining the thread as we are facing the exact same endless radio silence. It has been over 2 weeks since we requested an athlete limit increase, and not even a single automated acknowledgment has been received.Because of this complete lack of response from the Strava team, our active users are suddenly getting blocked from syncing their runs, which is directly destroying our app's user experience and triggering negative reviews.Can anyone from the Strava Dev Team actually look into this thread and escalate live production apps? This is severely hurting small developers. Client ID: 229659
I did an outdoor walk with peloton app and then a workout on my peloton bike and both workouts did not share to strava. They have always worked before today. What can I do to fix this?
Hi Strava developer community,I've built a running coaching app called VITE that uses the Strava API to automatically sync users' activities and match them to their training plan sessions.My app is fully set up: ✅ Public website with valid URL ✅ Public Privacy Policy page ✅ App icon uploaded ✅ Authorization Callback Domain correctly set to my production domain ✅ Scope: activity:read_all ✅ OAuth flow working correctly (web + mobile via deep link) The issue is that my app is stuck at a limit of 1 authorized athlete. I've submitted the access extension request multiple times over the past weeks but have received no response and the limit hasn't been updated.I currently have 1 athlete connected (myself) and cannot onboard any other user — which completely blocks my ability to beta test with real users.Has anyone managed to get this limit lifted? Is there a specific process or contact I'm missing? Any advice from developers who went through this would be really appreciated.Thanks
Already have an account? Login
No account yet? Create an account
Enter your E-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.