cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving time and elapsed time choise

Razerken
Mt. Kenya

I:m having some pronlems last weeks with my activities.

For example I had a bike vacaiton last week where I rode 4 days in row, and 2 of those show 'the total elapsed time and 2 show the moving time.

I would like to change this so it always shows moving time, as total elapsed time is irrelevant  bike rides imo.

Is there already an option wich I cannot find?

Thanks you in advance and kind regards

1 REPLY 1

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Razerken
Thanks for your post. We show both moving and elapsed time when you look at any activity's details. Because moving time is the best measure of how long you are active, especially for sports like running and cycling, Strava will generally prioritize moving time and pace based on moving time in places like the activity feed, activity screens, pages, challenges, goals, and stats. Some exceptions:

• If a run activity is tagged as a race, we will use elapsed time (and speed/pace based on elapsed time) as all stops count as part of your race time.
  • Certain sports lend themselves better to elapsed time, including indoor ones like Yoga and Weight Training, and some outdoor ones like Skiing and Surfing (note that speed for Skis is still based on moving time.)

Segments and Best Efforts are always based on elapsed time, as these are similar to races in that resting time is part of how long it takes you to complete them from start to finish.

You can find more info on Moving Time, Speed, and Pace Calculations here

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings