cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price differences

Benschwall
Mt. Kenya

I just received a notice that my subscription is increasing from US$59 to 79. I live in Taiwan but bill through the US.  At the same time my friend I Taiwan was told hs is decreasing from 59 to 47...

Why such wild nations in pricing?  

How can they justify  jacking up the price 33% for an existing platform?  

I will not renew with such a crazy increase,  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Benschwall
Thanks for your post. We recently adjusted prices to reflect all the subscription features we’ve added over the years as well as local market changes. Price change notices are sent 30 days before renewal, which means subscribers have/will receive notice at different times, but all subscriptions are being updated to the new pricing. Please see this article on how to view your subscription price under your Account page. 

If anything looks amiss, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

bochkonst
Mt. Kenya

Many users from sanctioned countries who have to use a VPN to log into strava pay through Turkey, where the price for an annual subscription is up to 3 times lower than for other countries.
There are resellers who earns good money from this: for example, through telegram https://t.me/mypodpiski or
https://plati.market/itm/strava-member-account-subscription-1-year/4124308 (new seller)

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Benschwall
Thanks for your post. We recently adjusted prices to reflect all the subscription features we’ve added over the years as well as local market changes. Price change notices are sent 30 days before renewal, which means subscribers have/will receive notice at different times, but all subscriptions are being updated to the new pricing. Please see this article on how to view your subscription price under your Account page. 

If anything looks amiss, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

I'm absolutely very sad for such a crazy price hit. 

Jana_S
Elbrus

Short answer: Purchasing power parity. 

Personally, I find it fair that the subscription price actually reflects the purchasing power of athletes in different countries around the world. I just wish it was possible also for the gear prices 😃

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings