cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuesday Chat with Team Strava: History of Strava - Week 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

The idea of Strava was first conceived of in the mid 1990s, by our co-founders Michael Horvath and Mark Gainey, but it wasn’t until 2009 that they officially founded Strava as a website for cyclists to map their rides. We’ve come a long way since then, and now support many activity types including running, walking, team sports and indoor workouts. It’s always fun to look back on our roots and reminisce about “way back when”. Here’s your Tuesday trivia question:

Strava co-founders Michael Horvath and Mark Gainey met:

1. On a cycling trip in Colorado
  2. On the Crew Team at Harvard University
  3. At the California High School they both attended

MandM.jpeg

Strava co-founders Michael Horvath and Mark Gainey

Drop your answer as a reply to this post. While you’re at it - share how and where you and one of your favorite activity partners on Strava met, and what activities you enjoy doing together.

Check back next week when we share the correct answer, and be sure to subscribe to Tuesday Chat with Team Strava!

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

@stephen @mercerkg @BryanC 

Thank you so much for contributing your answers.  Michael and Mark's fortuitous meeting happened when they were both rowing crew at Harvard and the rest is history!  

Please join us at this week's Tuesday Chat with Team Strava and thanks again!

Jane (she/her)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jane
Moderator Moderator

@stephen @mercerkg @BryanC 

Thank you so much for contributing your answers.  Michael and Mark's fortuitous meeting happened when they were both rowing crew at Harvard and the rest is history!  

Please join us at this week's Tuesday Chat with Team Strava and thanks again!

Jane (she/her)

stephen
Pico de Orizaba

2 - the crew team!

mercerkg
Pico de Orizaba

Harvard Crew Team seems like a very specific answer so I’m going with that!

A few years ago a motorcyclist came to our house to, spontaneously, give us a very old photo of our house, which he’d lived in when he was young. We later met, became friends and eventually figured out that we’d met once before!

BryanC
Pico de Orizaba

I’m going to guess they met on a cycling trip.  

As to me, I regularly cycle with a close friend whom I met when my son first started school (that was 25 years ago).  We’ve cycled together for the last 5 of those when became a MAMiL 👍🚴🏻😎

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings