cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

The Hub is now in read-only mode as we make improvements to the Hub experience. More information is available here.

403 Error on /athlete/activities endpoint

jebrax
Mt. Kenya

Hello everyone.

I'm having an issue when trying to request user activities from the endpoint https://www.strava.com/api/v3/athlete/activities. I get a 403 (Bad Request) error, although the client secret string and user access token are fine. Here's roughly the HTML page I get in response:

Spoiler
403 ERROR
Bad request.
We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.

If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)

I've already seen a couple of posts here with a similar error, but no useful answers. Maybe I am doing something wrong? I would be grateful if someone could point me out on my mistake.

Thanks for reading and have a great day 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Elliott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

Sounds like you're running into some authentication issues. We recommend trying things out with your own data in our Swagger Playground for easy troubleshooting. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Elliott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

Sounds like you're running into some authentication issues. We recommend trying things out with your own data in our Swagger Playground for easy troubleshooting.