cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

409 conflict error

buneme
Mt. Kenya

Hello,
I'm using the Strava API to post activities for my users onto their strava account. However, every so often I get a 409 error back from strava when I try to create an activity. I know this means that an activity already exists at that time for that user, but the user in question had no conflicting activity.

For example, at the following time: 2023-01-09T15:35:25.225Z,
I sent a POST request to create an activity and got a 409 error back with the following body: {"message":"error"}. The start_date_local was "2023-01-09T15:00:20+00:00", and the user's latest activity on their strava account was 4 days before this activity, so there can't be a conflict.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Elliott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, 

It is possible that an activity had synced from the user's device and created a conflict, or, some other conflict existed at the time that made your activity creation unsuccessful. If this issue arises again, and you believe there is a bug, feel free to reach out to us at developers@strava.com to report the issue. 

Cheers

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Elliott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, 

It is possible that an activity had synced from the user's device and created a conflict, or, some other conflict existed at the time that made your activity creation unsuccessful. If this issue arises again, and you believe there is a bug, feel free to reach out to us at developers@strava.com to report the issue. 

Cheers