cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Access to Segment Leaderboard API / Data for Inline Skating App

allbombs
Mt. Kenya

Hi Strava Dev Community,

I’m currently building an app that leverages Strava's API to enhance the experience for inline skaters. Our main goals are to:

• Highlight Top Skating Segments: Feature the best segments in cities like Singapore, LA, and Barcelona.
  • Reward Top Performers: Display the top 3 skaters per segment and award points to foster friendly competition.
  • Boost Community Engagement: Encourage connections and engagement within the inline skating community.

We’re focused on complementing Strava’s existing features without replacing the benefits of a Strava Pro subscription. I tried to use the fetch leaderboard segment API but I believe it's been disabled?

Spoiler
Strava API response: 403 Forbidden Leaderboard data: { message: 'Forbidden', errors: [] } Error fetching leaderboard: { message: 'Forbidden', errors: [] }

Having access to segment leaderboard data would greatly enhance our ability to do this. Is there any possibility for special access or recommended alternatives that align with Strava’s policies?

I’m fully committed to responsible data use and am eager to collaborate on a solution.

Thank you for any guidance or suggestions!

0 REPLIES 0