cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Deadline for Strava Developer Program

Elliott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

At Strava, we’re constantly inspired by the passion and innovation within our developer community. Since we launched our new developer program, we’ve witnessed an overwhelming amount of interest and enthusiasm. It’s evident that many of you are keen to collaborate and continue contributing to the vibrant Strava ecosystem.

Your invaluable feedback has allowed us to refine and improve the application process. As we iterate to ensure a streamlined submission journey, we recognize that additional time to submit for review would be appreciated by our community.

In light of this, we’re excited to announce that we are extending the deadline for our Developer Program. This will provide everyone ample opportunity to be part of this exciting journey and ensure that all apps benefit.

The new deadline will be March 4th, 2024.

Thank you for your continued interest and feedback. Together, we look forward to building a richer and more dynamic Strava experience for our shared community.

Sincerely,
Strava API Team

18 REPLIES 18

hapi_wellness
Mt. Kenya

I am trying to submit the form, but the network calls are throwing errors  Can someone help?

image (1).pngimage.png

@hapi_wellness  have you had success submitting the form or are you still experiencing issues? 

Yes, I am able to submit it eventually.

sanjay31
Mt. Kenya

Hi Elliot,

Firstly, thanks for the information. I understand new deadline for app review is 4th March 2024. But generally, how much time it took for an app review?
What is the min and max time for app review process?

krud73
Mt. Kenya

Hello,

I'm already using Strava API to access my data from own linux/php.
It is rather a script than the web application.
Am I affected throgh the mentioned deadline of March 4th 2024?
Can I use my script after this date?

Regards,
krud73

connectMyClub
Mt. Kenya

Great that the deadline has ben extended. We submitted our app on 27th April but have not yet heard anything or had our rates increased. Is this normal? Should we have heard anything back by now? Is there a way to get an update, as I appreciate this probably isn't the correct way to get more information.

Kind regards

ionio
Mt. Kenya

Dear Elliott,

I recieved this message as well. I assume because I use the "Elevate" app, which connects via the API. However, it is not my App. It is an App developed by someone else and everybody who uses it, has to connect to Strava via the API. How do I proceed in this case? How can I contiunue using it beyond the deadline?

App linke here: https://github.com/thomaschampagne/elevate

Best regards,

Hannes

jpravetz
Mt. Kenya

So the answer is "Yes, any existing apps will stop working on less you take action". Is that correct? Clarity is easier than requiring us all to read between the lines. And if, yes, this is true, can you provide some links to how we populate our submission, if we have an existing app? You only sent a link to an unpopulated form, so there must an easier submit button that you've added in support of existing apps. I regularly use the API to download my personal data, but I don't live and breath the Strava API, and can barely remember writing my app, nor how to find it online.

Elliott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, in order to continue use of our API you will be required to submit by the deadline. If you do not submit, your application will no longer be able to access the API. If you're having difficulty locating your app name or client ID, that is easily accessible in your API Dashboard

If you're running into issues completing the form, or have questions, you can always reach out to our team directly for support at developers @ strava.com. 

Thanks. 

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings