cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get the directions data of the route

Eddie_SUN
Mt. Kenya
I have develop an app for bike ride. I want to sync the routes of athlete and use coordinates&directions to display route and navigation. but i didn't find the data of direction. someone can help me how to get the directions data of the route? thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

ActivityFix
Superuser
Superuser

The GPX and TCX files exported by Strava only contain GPS coordinates for each point along the route. In order to get directions for the route, you would need to use a service to take those coordinates, map them to specific roads, and return a set of directions. It's a complex problem.

Check out this Stackoverflow thread on snapping a polyline to roads - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10513360/polyline-snap-to-road-using-google-maps-api-v3

You could also try the Google Routes API or Open Route Service or any other 3rd party routing tools.

official22
Mt. Kenya

To get directions data for a route, you can use mapping services like Google Maps or other GPS-based apps. Simply enter your starting point and destination, and the app will provide step-by-step directions along with distance and estimated travel time. You can also customize the route based on traffic conditions and preferences.