cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Server Error on watch.samsung.strava.com at first boot of app on samsung watch

UsainBolt
Mt. Kenya

Hi

I have reinstalled my Strava app on my Samsung Gear Sport AB91 SM-R600 .

This because I got a new non-Samsung cell phone and Samsung forced me to reinstall it Strava App on Watch. Tizen OS  4.0.0 7 Knox 2.3.1 TIMZ 3.0.0

At first boot of the Strava  app (1.7.24) I see that I need to type in 4 digits, for authentication.
On my mobile phone ( having connected the Samsung Galaxy Wearble App) the app redirected to  https://watch.samsung.strava.com/ 

which shows:

{"message": "Internal server error"}

Why is this msg seen?
Also is there anywhere else I can get those 4 digits from ? ( from another than the web site that respond HTTP500) .
So that I can continue to use Strava on my Samsung Watch Gear.

I have no problem with any other Samsung apps*  on my cell phone, nor on my Gear Watch.
I only have problem with the Strava app, on the Gear Watch.

*(nor account problems after creating a password - because there were none initially as it was created on google initially)

Thanks for any ideas,
Usain Bolt

54 REPLIES 54

LindaVelsen
Mt. Kenya

I have the exact same since yesterday.

Can we get the code via email or something? 

heijlenj
Mt. Kenya

Same issue here... disappointed.

Gerdineke
Mt. Kenya

The same problem for me. 

First problems with sync. 
Delete and re-install the app and now problems with the 4-digitcode.

Please tell me how to solve. 

Pls keep me updated i have the same issue

redfox2208
Mt. Kenya

I am getting the same internal server error when requesting the 4 digit code. What is happening here? Can Strava admin provide an update ASAP?

Roy1
Shkhara

Still waiting for any update or any reply on whats happening... Now bearing in mind Strava, I and I guess others hav paid a subscription to use Strava.... WHAT IS HAPPENING!!! If its a case of sorry, its no longer available, thats fine, email all you members who are the same as me, at a loose end, and we will, well I will happily go to another App and i will want a full refund for my subcription. Strava has been a great App, however feel very very let down with lack of if any plans or correspondance on how to solve, or indeed you informiong us on WHAT you guys are doing. just left in te dark here!!!!   

Liesl
Mt. Kenya

Thank you for posting this!! I spent the last 24hrs thinking I'd lost my mind because my watch wasn't syncing to my Strava account at all.

I've spent the entire day resetting my Gear Frontier watch and getting to the stage of needing the 4 digit code a million times. I've tried everything... Have now lost a bunch of unsynced workouts, runs etc from the last two days due to resetting my watch and backing up to an older version.... This is just nonsense.

So by this thread it seems the problem was never my watch, my phone or my account... Thanks for wasting my day, threatening my sanity and dropping a bunch of workouts into the abyss never to be seen again. 

When will this be fixed please Admin. 

StuAshfield
Mt. Kenya

Are they actually going to fix this issue, no update from Strava either?

JohnFitzgerald
Mt. Kenya

Same issue here 😞

Debswel
Mt. Kenya

Same issue. I've deleted apps, uninstalled, rebooted, just short of throwing watch in the bin... 

Any reply here from IT?