cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Apple Watch App Stops Working after iOS Update

chenmeister64
Mt. Kenya

I've been having an odd issue where, after installing any iOS update (i.e. 17.2) on my phone, the Strava Apple Watch app becomes unlinked from my phone and showing that I need to complete setup on my phone.  

Uninstalling Strava from my phone (which removes from watch), rebooting, and then reinstalling Strava on my phone will fix the issue temporarily, but at next iOS update, this will reoccur.

The only workaround thus far has been to uninstall Strava from my Apple Watch, reboot the watch, reinstall Strava on my watch, and then go through setup again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Update from our support team: If you are experiencing this issue, please check that you granted Location services and Motion and Fitness permissions to Strava on your iPhone. 

If you’re not seeing the Motion and Fitness option listed in Strava permissions, please confirm that the system setting for Motion and Fitness is enabled. On your iPhone go to the general settings:

Settings -> Privacy -> Motion & Fitness -> Fitness Tracking
or
Watch app > Privacy > Fitness Tracking

If the setting is already enabled, please try toggling Motion & Fitness off and on. If this does not help, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Update from our support team: If you are experiencing this issue, please check that you granted Location services and Motion and Fitness permissions to Strava on your iPhone. 

If you’re not seeing the Motion and Fitness option listed in Strava permissions, please confirm that the system setting for Motion and Fitness is enabled. On your iPhone go to the general settings:

Settings -> Privacy -> Motion & Fitness -> Fitness Tracking
or
Watch app > Privacy > Fitness Tracking

If the setting is already enabled, please try toggling Motion & Fitness off and on. If this does not help, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

This post has been escalated to our Support team. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Jane (she/her)