cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Black Screen on Record Screen

l309
Mt. Kenya

I'm using Strava on Android, and until the last couple of days have just been using the free version which I'm finding very good and has suited my needs.

I've now got a a subscription preview, but on loading the App today when I went to record the screen where the map shows was black, with no route appearing on it. I usually use it with mobile data off (limited data, and quite frankly no desire for it to be on permanently) and it shows a blurry map which is perfectly fine for my purposes (to show it's picked up where I am and relate it to my route so far). Turning mobile data on did result in the map appearing (sharply as it would have done beforehand). I don't use Strava for navigation.

The only other thing I've done in the meantime is switch off a few notifications, not ones I'd been getting anyway, and nothing I think should be affecting the screen above.

The subscription preview has confirmed what I thought already. There is one feature (my personal heat map) which I'd want, but that certainly isn't worth the subscription cost on it's own to me.

Can anyone help with the issue with the black screen please? And if it is linked to the subscription, how do I remove that immediately, as if it is the cause of the problem its presence gives me more issues than benefits.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

This post has been escalated to our Support team. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

This post has been escalated to our Support team. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team